Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 03:25 PM

346 posts, read 482,411 times

Advertisements

Scary and abhorrent at the same time. Must be stopped.
Here’s why Somali Muslim Refugees are moving to Cheyenne, Wyoming, Prepare to be shocked | Pamela Geller, Atlas Shrugs

Old 11-16-2014, 03:29 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,861 times
I know about it.

You run a program funded by the Feds? You play by their rules.

You don't want to play by their rules? Don't take their money.

Old 11-16-2014, 03:41 PM

And get called a bigot.
Political Correctness dismisses truth, is dangerous, and should be thrown into the trash where it belongs.

Old 11-16-2014, 03:54 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times
Wasn't there supposedly going to be a refugee resettlement program in Gillette at one point? I seem to remember a discussion on here about that.

Old 11-16-2014, 04:35 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
Wasn't there supposedly going to be a refugee resettlement program in Gillette at one point? I seem to remember a discussion on here about that.
There have been hundreds of different types of settlements in Wyoming. For instance, stop at McDonalds in Sheridan. The owner sponsors groups to move into Wyoming. He gets 10-12 each time. The deal is, he starts them at $9.50 an hour, furnishes a residence for each 3. Furnishes medical insurance. Furnishes. transportation to and from work. For all of that, they must agree to work for him for one year. He's had Chinese, Bosnians, Taiwan's, Thailand, etc...

The reason he does this is he simply can't get enough local help. Larry Storo, the owner, owns both McDonalds. in Sheridan, the Buffalo store and the Gillette Store.

These are people that qualify for a work Visa, but don't have the funds. Part of moving to the US on a qualified Visa is they have too have the funds to survive for the first year, as far as medical coats, dental, living expenses, etc. We don't want people coming to the US and running up massive bills, so there are monetary requirements before they are accepted. OR, they can sign up for the sponsor program where the sponsor agrees to pay any bills incurred in the first year.

The sponsorship program is a win win situation. They are already accepted and have a work visa in hand, just not the proper funds.

I found out about the program by meeting these folks. You see, we host a Christmas dinner and buy presents for all of them, and then have a Christmas party for them. Most of these folks have no idea about Christmas. Las year, we cooked up 23 pounds ribeye, we deep fried a turkey, and we baked a turkey. Of course we had all the trimmings too. Yams, mashed taters, fruit salads, veggie casaroles, cakes, ice cream (home made, we made them help crank on it). Absolutely nothing religious, just dinner, hand out gifts (each person got 5 gifts), and then party. Keg of beer, lots of hard liquor.

When somebody migrates like that, they cannot pursue their field for one full year. Some of these folks working at McDonalds, are Doctors, Nurses, Phsycologist, Scientists, etc. They work at McDonalds for one year and then can pursue their field. Some stay with McDonalds and if they do, they now have to find their own apartment. Usually, before they even reach a year, they have lined up an apartment, have enrolled in College, or set up testing in their field so they can get their credentials reinstated.

This has been going on for over 20 years that I know of. It is a Federal Program and states must comply.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnJam View Post
Somalia is one of the countries that have been sponsored for years, its nothing new.

There are several things in this article that don't ring true. For instance, Larry sponsors a dozen or so, every year. At the end of the year, their English is outstanding. I don't know of any of them that have gone on welfare, or any that have went on subsidized housing. Almost all of them have went in to a professional position. Like I mentioned, Doctors, Lawyers, Machinists, Teachers, Professors, etc. One of them, 5 years ago, went to McDonalds and started. Talk about a fast learner and hard charger, he is now the Store Manager in Buffalo. Not simply a shift manager, but that store is his to run. He handles the books, does inventory, writes schedules, trains new people, everything, in just 5 short years.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:27 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
There have been hundreds of different types of settlements in Wyoming. For instance, stop at McDonalds in Sheridan. The owner sponsors groups to move into Wyoming. He gets 10-12 each time. The deal is, he starts them at $9.50 an hour, furnishes a residence for each 3. Furnishes medical insurance. Furnishes. transportation to and from work. For all of that, they must agree to work for him for one year. He's had Chinese, Bosnians, Taiwan's, Thailand, etc...

The reason he does this is he simply can't get enough local help. Larry Storo, the owner, owns both McDonalds. in Sheridan, the Buffalo store and the Gillette Store.

These are people that qualify for a work Visa, but don't have the funds. Part of moving to the US on a qualified Visa is they have too have the funds to survive for the first year, as far as medical coats, dental, living expenses, etc. We don't want people coming to the US and running up massive bills, so there are monetary requirements before they are accepted. OR, they can sign up for the sponsor program where the sponsor agrees to pay any bills incurred in the first year.

The sponsorship program is a win win situation. They are already accepted and have a work visa in hand, just not the proper funds.

I found out about the program by meeting these folks. You see, we host a Christmas dinner and buy presents for all of them, and then have a Christmas party for them. Most of these folks have no idea about Christmas. Las year, we cooked up 23 pounds ribeye, we deep fried a turkey, and we baked a turkey. Of course we had all the trimmings too. Yams, mashed taters, fruit salads, veggie casaroles, cakes, ice cream (home made, we made them help crank on it). Absolutely nothing religious, just dinner, hand out gifts (each person got 5 gifts), and then party. Keg of beer, lots of hard liquor.

When somebody migrates like that, they cannot pursue their field for one full year. Some of these folks working at McDonalds, are Doctors, Nurses, Phsycologist, Scientists, etc. They work at McDonalds for one year and then can pursue their field. Some stay with McDonalds and if they do, they now have to find their own apartment. Usually, before they even reach a year, they have lined up an apartment, have enrolled in College, or set up testing in their field so they can get their credentials reinstated.

This has been going on for over 20 years that I know of. It is a Federal Program and states must comply.
I remember you talking about the situation with the McDonald's in Sheridan. I haven't been there in a while but I have noticed that it was staffed by foreigners. I've noticed the same with the Cody location. Maybe it's a similar situation? Thanks for sharing additional information.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:42 AM

So the Muslims are actually assimilating? I'd like to see a news story about it.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnJam View Post
So the Muslims are actually assimilating? I'd like to see a news story about it.
Isn't that what you posted, a news story? Or are you talking about the sponsorship program? Its not news, it been going on for decades.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:25 PM

Uh, no, I posted a news story about the danger of sponsoring these Muslim groups, most of which do not want to assimilate into the U.S. The ones here in Ft. Morgan, CO are separatists in their own right. As the article mentioned, that Cheyenne $ was meant for LOCAL folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming