Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2009, 05:21 PM

380 posts, read 1,145,189 times

Advertisements

For people who do not know the area, South Fork is a rugged beautiful area. Pricey area too though, check out real estate prices,OUCH! There are many trail heads from both the North Fork and South Fork areas near Cody. Guides during tourist season could give you a tour. The Wyoming Thorofare is up there and is described as the most remote wilderness area in the lower 48 states. Pronghorn, when Southfork dead ends--all the way to the bottom of that mountain range/what is that called/the campground or trail head (if you know or anyone else)? There was someone who had a tee-pee set up right there at the base of the mountain (actually up away's from the base) when I took these pictures a couple years ago. Now I wish I would have taken some pictures of it. It did not look like something you buy either, it was large and nice looking too. I recommend if you desire to travel to Cody to eat at the Irma Hotel. The food there was really good, I had prime rib. Irma was Buffalo Bill Cody's daughter. Cody is not just named after the man, he helped layout the irrigation and place Cody where it is. Irma is also a place you can stay. I have lived in Worland, Douglas, Casper and Cody. I also went Moose hunting years ago in Sunlight Basin Crandall area North of Cody, another dream place to live, but very pricey. The guy I hunted with (his bull tag) had a cabin up there. It was so nice and warm in the daytime but would drop below 32 at night. Not -32 yikes. I also heard about the shakes in Shoshoni on City-data. I am not sure where in Shoshoni but someone there could tell ya. Next time I drive through there I plan on stopping and getting me one. Shoshoni is a very small town.

Last edited by Claim Jumper; 01-07-2009 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: add and subtract
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 06:03 PM

Default Max, Ready for Grizzly! Pistol, Knife, Pepper Spray and more. Who tossed that rein over my ear?

Old 01-07-2009, 07:44 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,100,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claim Jumper View Post
Cannon
PowerShot SD550
DIGITAL ELPH
I noticed that haze and was wondering what that was. I don't know any tricks--there were better cameras but the sale rep. said this was simplier and shoots good quality pics. I read about the photo lens cover on someone asking about cloudfish and his great shots. I never knew anything about these. What is the cost and what do i get? I should take some classes on it--I do enjoy getting good shots.
HighlandLady I just barely learned how to turn it on and shoot when I got those pictures. I don't know anything at all for tricks or stuff you do to prevent bad shots from happening etc. A total rookie
thanks
The bolded statement is an incredible statement to your talent already. You have done well with composure, focus, et al.
I did a quick google for you and found that you can get filters for that particular camera. This link gives you an idea what the circular polarizer can do:
Canon Powershot sd550 Circular polarizer filter

Please post more!

Old 01-07-2009, 08:27 PM

Default Advice / thanks

HighlandLady--just beginners luck. I don't like reading instructions. The camera came with 2 books 1 for easy picture taking-the other Advanced. I still had my niece show me how it works. I took the instruction book with me on my hunting trip in case I forgot how to operate it! I agree with your humble statement to Cloudfish on it helps to have a better camera than the operator. So any great shots -thanks Cannon. The sales rep
here in California told me that another Cannon camera was a little better but more advanced meant more adjustments etc. I appreciated his honesty-more things to know and I chose simple. I am a Polaroid person. Thanks for the link/not a bad price either

Old 01-07-2009, 10:04 PM

Default Camp near Yellowstone Archery Elk Hunt: Riffle 450 Marlin, Max was carrying that too!

Old 01-07-2009, 10:39 PM

Default My hunting trip

That blue tarp saved our bacon-if ya know what I mean. It started raining as soon as we got unpacked and set up camp. We had to hurry and get our firewood before it got wet. The bad news was then it got cold that night and then it snowed. Rain and snow don't mix! I rode the palomino and I wish I would have got some pictures of him. He was the best horse I ever rode. On the grizzly tracks on the T.E. I saw a sow grizzly with her two cubs up their and assumed it was her track.
When we had the moose encounter on the trail near Yellowstone, there were fresh huge grizzly tracks on the trail half way back to the truck. I was hoping we were not on the menu.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:25 PM

Default Just posing for a picture

Old 01-08-2009, 12:04 PM

Default South Fork Cody WY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronghorn View Post
More South Fork..........More More More

I need a picture fix.

The hills and mountains of South Forkr

Old 01-09-2009, 12:39 AM

5,289 posts, read 1,232,660 times
Thanks for all the pictures! making me a bit homesick for the state that I'm from and that I love!!! Keep them coming!!!

Old 01-09-2009, 02:09 AM

Default Hi

I am about out. I know what you about homesick
someone else will keep these WY. pictures coming
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming