Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2008, 07:26 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,981,326 times

Advertisements

Lived in Oregon, moved to PA (family reasons), now since i left the housing market went boom in OR and looks like the same in WY, where is an affordable place, I don't need to be buy schools or churches, just a supermarket and a walmart that could be 10-20 mi away, the walmart could even be farther away, want rural area, secluded, away from City, I know in cities and outskirts housing way too high, as i have looked on realtor.com, I miss the dry air, the black ice!!! I'd take a mobile, but not in a mobile home park, i have dogs, any suggestions, I am like a hermit, i just cannot take it here, i can't breathe, too much humidity in summer, and my dogs don't like it either.

any suggestions appreciated. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 10:38 PM

592 posts, read 2,244,367 times
Hi Rural Lady, well Wyoming has lots of small towns that might fit the bill. Tons of them all along the Eastern border. You just need to take a vacation this summer and look around .

Old 03-07-2008, 10:49 AM

471 posts, read 1,509,069 times
We have a Walmart in Gillette. And it's not a big city. There are cozy spots on the outskirts for a mobile. I hear ya about the humidity. My dad lives in PA (Chester) and walking to the mailbox some days will have you dripping before you get back to the house. And he's not comfortable going out for a walk (though he needs to for his heart) because of the crime. He's going to try and make it out west eventually too. Good luck to you. I think if your heart is set on more elbow room and drier air, Wyoming is the place for you. You'll find something.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:00 PM

269 posts, read 829,555 times
Check out Hulet-sundance area ya won't want to leave once there-Gillette not to far for more shopping opportunities. Good luck!

Old 03-08-2008, 08:45 AM

362 posts, read 919,456 times
I grew up in inner-city Pittsburgh. I love the woods & water of PA but not enough to move back.(no sunshine, TOO much rain and KILLER HUMIDITY!) We are a USAF couple and FE Warren AFB in Cheyenne was our first base('84-'88). Cheyenne and Wyoming got in our blood, to the degree that we are now in the process of building our home there. Would we prefer to live in the mountains? Yes. Cheyenne is a wonderful compromise as I can be in Medicine Bow Natl. Forest in 20-25 mins. Elk, mulie, antelope and trout are a short drive away. We can snowmobile some of the best trails in the USA at WyoColo in 1 1/2hrs.

We love the open feel to the landscape, the beautiful, ever changing skys (clouds, sunrises & sunsets) but most of all the people of Cheyenne and Wyo.

The wind............it blows. Let me assure you here in CA(Travis AFB) it blows WORSE than Cheyenne. We have lived all over the US in 20yrs. with the USAF, we could be moving anywhere for life after the USAF and we have chosen Cheyenne and the wonderful state of Wyoming.

I could bore you with our reasons for embracing Cheyenne & Wyo. but the list is too long. I now own a business in Cheyenne and look forward to all the positive forecasts we know are coming for "controlled" growth of our great city.(it's happening as we speak)

Can you do better than Cheyenne? Sure. You can also do A LOT worse when choosing a place to live.

There you have it, our thoughts on Wyo. Hope you make the decision that is best for you. Take care.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:33 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,981,326 times
Default Thank you for all the replies

I will check out Hulet and Sundance, and yes I need a vacation and should do it end of july or aug when the HUMIDITY IS 90% here!!!!

I mentioned i did live in OR, Ah how i miss it, but housing went sky high, you wonder where everyone gets all the money from and who can afford a mortgage of over $1200.00 a month seems outrageous to me, plus paying for a car etc.

Ah its just the corporations took over America, shame ain't it, I hope whoever wins office would do a through clean up from top to bottom as I've wrote to 3 candidates, i told them unless you are ready to put on your overalls and really work to clean up america, and also you better get down on your hands and knees and get a fine toothed comb to clean up all the govt officials and employees, then you are doing something, plus the war and other things. ( I am not saying all employees are bad, some of my family work there) but you get the jist of it. Its been 2 months since 1 letter went out, no reply and 1 month since another letter went out, no reply
I also told them don't bother to send me a computerized letter and waste taxpayers money.

I really don't expect a reply, but I sure get emails wanting money for their campaigns, what? they don't have money? BS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming