Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 08:50 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoprairie View Post
Hope you enjoyed the Wyoming Whiskey. It comes from a small town: Kirby, Wyoming.
If you ever go through Sheridan again, you might want to try a glass of Koltiska.
Wyoming Whiskey was given high marks by Esquire Magazine. I tried some a week or two ago, and while I'm not a good judge of any such drinks (have NO sense of smell), I didn't think it was too smooth.

Okay, now my wife says that I commented it WAS smooth. Guess we'll have to try it again.

In the latest edition of Esquire Magazine, Wyoming Whiskey’s little facility in Kirby was named the nation’s No. 2 distillary overall, as well as “our pick for the absolute best American craft whiskey distillery that distills all of its products and is not owned by a multinational conglomerate.” -- Wyoming Business Report

The KO Koltiska 90 from Sheridan, however, was really nice. I bought a bottle of it just the other day, and my wife and I are each enjoying a shot of it at this very minute. Super smooth! Nummy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 09:22 PM

507 posts, read 662,555 times
No. 2 in the nation....that's cool. Did ya know that it is owned by the same family (the Mead's)
as our Governor. Indeed, it isn't a multinational. Brad is Matt's brother, and I think Sam is his
nephew.

Last edited by Wyoprairie; 06-06-2017 at 09:32 PM..

Old 06-08-2017, 03:03 AM

3,889 posts, read 4,543,431 times
Quote:
Additional surcharge for Subies and Toyota Prius.
Hubs and I are coming your way next week and we're your biggest nightmare!

We drive a Baru Outback for road trips AND we're from California!!

Old 06-08-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Hubs and I are coming your way next week and we're your biggest nightmare!

We drive a Baru Outback for road trips AND we're from California!!

Well it might be a tossup, but I think you're probably still better than greenies. We don't see
as many of you guys.

BTW-for anyone not familiar with local vernacular-here is the official wiktionary definition of
Greenie, since there are other uses:

3. Green-ie (US, Wyoming, derogatory, slang) A person from Colorado, after the color of the
Colorado license plate)

Are you packin' any produce? See, I have worked rodeos in Oakdale, Salinas, Kern County,
even Pismo. You buggers keep the big stuff at home. I've seen those big avocados, those
strawberries the size of a fist. (I've even been to Spreckles) Yup, bought 'em at the Fruit
Barn in Merced. All we get here is little ones, and by the time they get here they are already
starting to grow gray hair. Hope you enjoy Wyo.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Well it might be a tossup, but I think you're probably still better than greenies. We don't see
as many of you guys.

BTW-for anyone not familiar with local vernacular-here is the official wiktionary definition of
Greenie, since there are other uses:

3. Green-ie (US, Wyoming, derogatory, slang) A person from Colorado, after the color of the
Colorado license plate)

Are you packin' any produce? .
Oh, ha ha... sounds like a bit of rivalry with Colorado? I thought greenies were kind of like environmentists. Of course California is known to be the land of fruits and nuts. 😉

Not packin' I'm afraid... but yeah we do claim bragging rights on the produce for sure.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:20 AM

Quote:

Hope you enjoy Wyo.
We arrived last night in Evanstan, and now in the Tetons. All I can say is WOW!
Maybe it should be called "Wowoming"

Old 06-12-2017, 09:40 AM

Glad you are enjoying your journey.

We were talking Pronghorns (aka antelope, speedgoats) on the New Mexico forum. They will
be up there for summer range-then in fall they go back from the Tetons to the Green River basin
below Pinedale, Wyoming. They can run up to 55 miles per hour. Once in awhile, you will see
that a Red Shirt (our Fish and Game wardens) has pulled one over and is writing 'em up.

Speaking of critters, hopefully you will get to see some four-legged ones as well. One time just
south of Grant Village, had a grizzly bear just saunter across the road right in front of us. It was
noon exactly, and his attitude was like, yeah I'm headed home for lunch, no hurry. Lotsa stuff to
see up there. I like the little chapel at Moose Junction. Tetons might be one the few places you
will see a sign in the restroom saying to make sure a bear has not followed you in. (It's true)

And Moose Junction area is where appropriately, I got a photo of this guy:
Attached Thumbnails
Yikes!.....Eclipse!.....Massive Greenie Invasion-sany0516.jpg  

Old 06-12-2017, 05:15 PM

Just got an Eclipse Update. So the time of darkness is 2 minutes, 26 seconds. Think I
will take a pass. Next one for Wyoming is May 3, 2106. Maybe I will just try that one
if I don't have anything better to do.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:34 AM

51 posts, read 66,469 times
I know all the Casper motels are booked up, and the city has pay-camping spots around the city, and I believe some ranchers have camping as well, and I've heard the stories about people renting their homes out as well. I'll still be curious if the actual crowd matches the anticipated crowd. Either my front yard or the parking lot of the neighborhood watering hole seem like the best spot to watch the eclipse.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:27 PM

Recent news on it said WY personnel were anticipating 250-300k or maybe half what the
Greenies were tossing around earlier. Like you say, could be interesting to see how many actually. On the big day, traffic will be concentrated on 26 east of I-25, I-25, 20/26 to
Thermop, 26 on out to GTNP or so. Casper is supposed to be ground zero. I could be 2-3
states away, so not too excited.

Rolling with the radio on for a little this morning, and they are already advertising special
eyewear for it. Solar Eclipse sunglasses. Just the beginning I'm sure. Gotta have t-shirts.
Next up, Eclipse Bottled Water? Eclipse Special Dark Ale? Opportunities out there for a
potential early retirement and I just know gonna miss out yet again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming