Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 07:25 PM

507 posts, read 661,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
yeah, Bill, WY was attractive up until the 1990's

BALLOONED since then.

Too bad I-25 runs past Kaycee... it could have been ideal.

Sheridan still has it's charm (and quite a few more jobs than Bill or Kaycee).

Hey don't tell anybody, but Kaycee is still the bestest. Interstate goes by, but they just get off to
hit the Rest Area or maybe the Bunkhouse C Store. I just tell 'em Kaycee has no socially redeeming
qualities whatsoever. But it would be nice if they checked out the Chris LeDoux Park. You can't
beat the folks in Kaycee. And if your horse gets loose and goes downtown, everybody knows whose
horse that is. Whole town shows up to support the Buckaroos. (Defending 6-man State Champs in
Football) Like they say....what happens in Kaycee....stays in Kaycee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 08:06 PM

50 posts, read 61,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post
"We are not the kind to come in and change things like a lot of people."

Just to be clear, I never suggested I thought you might be one of those "OK, peeps...WE'RE here now, and THIS is how things are gonna BE..." types of people...

...I'm just saying (in my own convoluted way) that it's 2017 everywhere one looks these days, so no matter WHERE one chooses to 'run'...you're not getting away from anything.

The corrosive-effects of progressive-liberalism are E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E. now.

And to make matters even worse, not but a week after Volvo (Swedish-based car & truck company) released a press-conference stating that they would cease production of ANY gasoline or diesel-poweredvehicles by no later than 2019, the U.K. Parliament passed a law (earlier THIS week) stating that there would be NO MORE gas or diesel-powered vehicles sold or registerd to drive on U.K. roads & highways by 2020.

Frightening, when one considers how far one needs to travel for certain goods & services (up to & including certain 'specialized' medical/dental-care) here in Wyoming...

It's only a matter of time before America (and the rest of the world) follows-suit, because one way or another, the limp-wristed 'greenies' WILL get thier way.

Oh...and in case THAT does'nt scare you enough, there's a Wisconsin-based firm who has officially begun offering (soon to become 'mandatory') RFID-chip implantation to thier employees...

...this is supposed to 'make life easier' for all-involved; meaning one has 'easier' access to thier work-station PC, 'easier' access to thier medical & financial (up to and including payroll) business, 'easier' access to thier personal & company vehicles/public-transit & personal-dwellings, as well as 'easier & OH-so-convenient' shopping & purchasing of groceries & personal-goods.

Granted, it would take Wyoming a bit of time to 'catch-up' to such modernization...

...but it is ONLY a matter of time.

I've had the partial-lyrics to a certain 50's or 60's song 'looping' in my head lately: "No-where to RUN to...no-where to HIDE..."

...anyone know who sang it ? Vexes me to no end...lol
Not really running as much as needing a cheaper place to live ;-).

You should check out what they are doing in transhumanism. It's pretty stunning how big their balls are to try to "evolve humans" because nature can't do it but then turn around and preach evolution. check out 2045.com

Old 07-29-2017, 06:46 AM

3,648 posts, read 6,285,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoprairie View Post
Hey don't tell anybody, but Kaycee is still the bestest. Interstate goes by, but they just get off to
hit the Rest Area or maybe the Bunkhouse C Store. I just tell 'em Kaycee has no socially redeeming
qualities whatsoever. But it would be nice if they checked out the Chris LeDoux Park. You can't
beat the folks in Kaycee. And if your horse gets loose and goes downtown, everybody knows whose
horse that is. Whole town shows up to support the Buckaroos. (Defending 6-man State Champs in
You forgot the community dance hall.....

Old 07-30-2017, 12:02 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
Quote:
What happens in Kaycee stays there? No small town gossip? I didn't realize they had six man football there. I'm one of those who has stopped at the rest area and gassed up but not done anything else there. I'm sure it's nice but too small for me.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:33 PM

1,133 posts, read 1,349,072 times
"You should check out what they are doing in transhumanism."

I have family who are involved with DARPA and JPL so I am privy to some of what's going on, in advanced tech development.

Part of it scares the living Beejeezus out of me...and the other part of it simply enforces what I already knew was coming, just from sheer instinct.

Old 07-30-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
What happens in Kaycee stays there? No small town gossip? I didn't realize they had six man football there. I'm one of those who has stopped at the rest area and gassed up but not done anything else there. I'm sure it's nice but too small for me.
What happens in Kaycee....it's a local take off on the Vegas ad. Don't know about small town gossip.
Maybe it's a townie thing. Or I don't get any because I'm not receptive. I'm more interested in places
than people, anyway. Might sit at coffee and talk weather, New Holland's, rodeos, or places I've been.

I still follow HS sports, though not as immersed in it anymore. WY has a good six-man football league.
They are all a subset of the 1A classification-the smallest schools. I think there are 20 participating.
Before WY got our own going, we shared six-man with Montana. I guess you could say it was a Bi-
State Championship. One year Meeteetse had to go all the way to Highwood, MT for the championship game. Kaycee HS hosted the Wyoming-Nebraska Six-Man Football All Star Game earlier this summer.

Kaycee (it's one of those towns named after a ranch brand-like JayEm or Ucross-the Post Office won't
allow initials): KC Ranch was site of most of the Johnson County Invasion. Ranching/rodeo culture is
all there is....very western place. There is a small oil patch north of town a ways, but not a big factor
in the local economy. You've got two bars, the Country Inn restaurant, the General Store, the Sinclair
and Bunkhouse out by the highway. Couple motels, or rent cabin from Randy and Christy. A couple of
ranches doing some dude business, but not like western Wyoming. There's Hoofprints Museum and the
park that honors Chris LeDoux. Harold Jarrard Park is the rodeo arena-used a lot and well maintained.

Big events were the flood in 2002, and the Deke Latham Rodeo every year. "The Deke" honored a
local young cowboy who was killed in a car accident. There was community BBQ dinner, night rodeo,
next day stampede of broncs down Nolan Ave, more rodeo, a street dance, Short Go rodeo on Sun.
They don't have it anymore, but there is a Friday Night summer rodeo series, and a Ranch Rodeo.

I would say similar towns are Baggs, WY and Meeteetse, although M'teetz is in danger of getting
Cody-fied. Pitchfork Road could wind up looking like Southfork. Circle, MT comes to mind, although
Circle is twice the size of Kaycee. Circle is also named after a cattle brand. Similar type of town.

Guess that doesn't have much to do with Sheridan and Jobs. Oops. Sheridan has jobs but will you
need more than one to meet the cost of living is the question? It's now one of our trendy towns.
My own philosophy is once your town gets it's own glossy magazine, it's time to get outta there.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:10 PM

3,646 posts, read 3,781,694 times
Quote:
My own philosophy is once your town gets it's own glossy magazine, it's time to get outta there.
Which is why I'm saving my pennies, keeping the house and yard in good shape and looking at somewhere else to be in a couple years.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
Which is why I'm saving my pennies, keeping the house and yard in good shape and looking at somewhere else to be in a couple years.
This...yep. Ya know I was thinking Lost Springs, but Lost Springs has seen a 300% increase in population
since 2000. (From 1 to 4) I thought it was bad in Pinedale, but that has to be the biggest increase. So
not so sure about Lost Springs anymore. And there is all those tourists stopping at the city limit signs.

Off topic again, but got to thinking football, so I had to check the WYO football blog updates. I didn't
mention Kaycee had won the state championship the year before as well. They are being picked for a
six-man football championship three-peat. They've won 20 consecutive and the prediction is they go
undefeated again. They're predicting Championship will be Kaycee Buckaroos vs. the Farson Pronghorns.

We actually have 16 Six-man teams. Arvada-Clearmont, Glendo, and Chugwater don't have enough
kids. TenSleep keeps getting smaller but still has a team for now. We have a goofy classification system.
It doesn't have cutoffs at a particular enrollment, but instead goes by groups..so top classification is, I
think, the 10 largest schools. Then the next, say, 16 largest. Then the next 16, etc. So your school
could get reclassified not dependent on your own enrollment going up or down, but because some other
school gained or lost enrollment and that bumped you up or down. Tough luck, cowboy.

Now back to your regularly scheduled topic......

Old 07-31-2017, 06:23 AM

3,648 posts, read 6,285,688 times
Increase at lost spring , Chuck must of had his Grandkids stay for a couple of days

Old 08-01-2017, 01:19 PM

723 posts, read 570,381 times
Default Martha and the Vandellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post

I've had the partial-lyrics to a certain 50's or 60's song 'looping' in my head lately: "No-where to RUN to...no-where to HIDE..."

...anyone know who sang it ? Vexes me to no end...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABbc-O_3_Ac
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming