Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2021, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 715 times

Advertisements

Hi folks,

I applied for and received Wyoming Unemployment a few months ago. I've worked in a few states in the last year and decided to do a combined claim in WY. They were able to pull my WY and VA wages right away and set me up with 17 weeks of benefit. Unfortunately they have not been able to get a hold of my wages from North Dakota, where I worked for the federal government. Over the 17 weeks of my claim I called at least weekly to see if they had gotten those wages yet (wages that would extend my claim to 26 weeks). Each week they jerked me around and said they hadn't known I'd submitted this form or that form and that they'd have this corrected soon. Finally, after 13 weeks of calling, I talked to the person in charge of interstate claims. She said everyone did everything wrong but she was going to do it right. She requested that the state of North Dakota request my federal wages from the feds and send them to Wyoming. She said this was the only correct way to do it and we just had to wait the 2-6 weeks for it to go through. Well its been six weeks, my claim is expired now since the wages haven't come through and I've got nothing to show for my efforts.

Has anyone else had any kind of similar experience? I have no idea whether or not what she's telling me is true since I've been getting jerked around for 17 weeks. She says there's no way for me to prove the wages or expedite them but I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and got it done. Would greatly appreciate any advice.

Best,
Dan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2021, 01:17 PM

253 posts, read 259,440 times
Yep, they are doing it to keep from paying claims. They did it to my adult daughter. Sounds very similar being jerked around and not getting back at all. Losing different forms after sending multiple times. She had a another job within a month but had filed a month prior properly and was supposed to receive the benefits but went through the above mentioned. Keep fighting it if yours is completely legit. My daughter finally said heck with it. She knew others that had been layed off due to covid with the exact same thing happening. Dirty sob!

Old 02-12-2021, 08:42 AM

788 posts, read 1,740,442 times
My husband was furloughed due to COVID...his unemployment went through but yesterday he got a snarky voice mail from someone at workforce services that his resume needed updated and that he would be losing his unemployment if it wasn't done....he called back as he also heard from his work about when he would be going back and asked what was wrong with his resume. This person pulled up his resume and stated he didn't see anything wrong with it and didn't know why he received that call.

Regarding SNAP, medicaid, ect I recall reading an article in the Denver Post several years ago (2006) when "welfare reform" was enacted at the state level...what happened was single moms and others who lost their benefits moved to other states. Nebraska and CO saw so many of them they filed formal complaint with HHS. So wyoming said they would "reevaluate."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming