Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 06:23 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,828,546 times

Advertisements

I cruise the web and sometimes get in sites that are on the fringe for, I dunno, nothing better to do. Can anyone here shed some light on this. I can't seem to find out exactly if these are there. The last time I was at the old internment camp north of Cody. All it had was a monument there, I think I remember a shed or wall with it. But no camp with wires for sure. I have friends that prowl the mountains east of yellowstone for hunting and fishing. I got laughed at for asking if there was anything there.
WYOMING

Heart Mountain - Park County N. of Cody - WWII Japanese interment camp ready for renovation.

Laramie - FEMA detention facility

Southwest - near Lyman - FEMA detention facility

East Yellowstone - Manned internment facility - Investigating patriots were apprehended by European soldiers speaking in an unknown language. Federal government assumed custody of the persons and arranged their release.

Now I have not recieved any feedback from people I trust on this issue as to these being anywhere in the U.S. I have asked some friends all over the U.S. to take a peek at other sites in their areas. So far no one has found them. They seem awful big to hide from local people. Right?
Now I am a ex conspiracy nut. I would like to prove this one untrue, too. I do have friends in Law Inforcement,National Gaurd,Military and even in FEMA. Not one of them can say yes to this one for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 04:48 PM

105 posts, read 448,786 times
The WWII Japanese camp is Actually inbetween Ralston and Cody. This would be to the east of cody by about 20 miles or so. There is the monument there and they also have some barracks and what use to be the Hospital/Mess hall building which has a huge chimney visible from the highway. As far as ready for renovation there is nothing there to renovate. The bulidings are just deteriorated skeletons of what once were buildings. Some of the land that was part of the "Japanese Relocation Camp" (I am using the term usely to not offend) is now irrigated farm land. Although I know there is still some governmentally owned land where the monument is and also where the buildings stand I sure don't feel that it can be renovated without completely redoing everything.

I can't think of anything near East Yellowstone. I mean you have Pahaska, Wapiti and thats about it. My family has lived there forever and I have never heard of stories of a camp by East Yellowstone.

I also lived in Southwest Wyoming and have never heard of a previous FEMA detention facility near Lyman. So if there is going to be on there I have a slight feeling that this will be a new addition.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:10 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,828,546 times
Thanks, I havent been to the camp remains above Cody for probably 12 or 13 years. I didn't remember even that much being there. I had three people get back with me about camps in the east united states that were recently (last couple of years or less) renovated. One even said that there was razor wire aimed inward of the fenced enclosure. But no pics. But that was two out of about 23 people I have asked. Most have got back with me and nothing like the "end of the U.S." people rant. I was just wondering.
I can't believe these camps would go up and no one would have raised alarm.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:53 AM

105 posts, read 448,786 times
I read a web page a while off of a forum for my Polaris Outlaw. It was talking about how FEMA can basically and will rule under Marshall Law. How there were detention facilities be built and or renovated. When people when to look at them they saw that the razor wire was pointed in like to keep whatever in instead of pointing out to keep whatever out. It had a lot of talk about the rail system and other things. I will check and see if I can find that link again.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:22 PM

46 posts, read 364,796 times
Here's FEMA's charter, the law that governs the organization. They are coordinators for relief during and after disasters, not the military or law enforcement.

http://www.fema.gov/pdf/about/stafford_act.pdf

Old 03-08-2009, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 12,321 times
The WWII internment camp was south of Douglas Wyoming. It was the Hart Mountain Camp.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:04 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HARaaM View Post
The WWII internment camp was south of Douglas Wyoming. It was the Hart Mountain Camp.

Never heard of that. Heart Mountain, the only Wyoming WWII internment camp that I'm aware of, was near Powell. heartmountain

Old 03-13-2009, 11:26 PM

314 posts, read 1,181,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsykoKustomz View Post
I read a web page a while off of a forum for my Polaris Outlaw. It was talking about how FEMA can basically and will rule under Marshall Law. How there were detention facilities be built and or renovated. When people when to look at them they saw that the razor wire was pointed in like to keep whatever in instead of pointing out to keep whatever out. It had a lot of talk about the rail system and other things. I will check and see if I can find that link again.
Yes! I read a website talking about this very thing a few years back. I accidentally came across a web page when searching for info about FEMA.

What caught my eye and caused me to keep reading was the part about the rail cars. My husband was a government rail inspector out of DC years back and I was asking him if he knew anything about what the article was describing. I recall that rail cars were painted solid white...no identifying letters of any kind and at that particular time they were being shipped via rail to New Mexico. Regular railroad car inspectors had no jurisdiction over the inspection of these cars and they were "tagged" to indicate that. The article went on to talk about internment camps. Interesting stuff!!! I'd like to read and hear more.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:08 AM

1,047 posts, read 2,784,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
I cruise the web and sometimes get in sites that are on the fringe for, I dunno, nothing better to do. Can anyone here shed some light on this. I can't seem to find out exactly if these are there. The last time I was at the old internment camp north of Cody. All it had was a monument there, I think I remember a shed or wall with it. But no camp with wires for sure. I have friends that prowl the mountains east of yellowstone for hunting and fishing. I got laughed at for asking if there was anything there.
WYOMING

Heart Mountain - Park County N. of Cody - WWII Japanese interment camp ready for renovation.

Laramie - FEMA detention facility

Southwest - near Lyman - FEMA detention facility

East Yellowstone - Manned internment facility - Investigating patriots were apprehended by European soldiers speaking in an unknown language. Federal government assumed custody of the persons and arranged their release.

Now I have not recieved any feedback from people I trust on this issue as to these being anywhere in the U.S. I have asked some friends all over the U.S. to take a peek at other sites in their areas. So far no one has found them. They seem awful big to hide from local people. Right?
Now I am a ex conspiracy nut. I would like to prove this one untrue, too. I do have friends in Law Inforcement,National Gaurd,Military and even in FEMA. Not one of them can say yes to this one for me.
I wonder if what you read had anything to do with the monuments being renovated for the upcoming anniversary of Japanese internment? A group has contacted me to submit a design for a tile mural about that period of time in our history. The piece will be for Washington state.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:30 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,589,016 times
When I "googled" this topic recently, I read about some of the sites in Southern California. What surprised me is that one of the sites mentioned is a location that I am very familiar with. I work for a municipal utility, and the site mention happens to be one of our facilities. It is part of a reservoir complex. I can say from my own experience with that particular site that it is not being set up as an internment camp for FEMA. I can't say the same about any of the other sites, because I'm not familiar with them, but I am certain about this one.

As I started looking at government sites around the area where I work, I noticed that many of them had chain link fences with barbed wire on top that faced inward. In most cases, I was familiar with the purpose of the facility, so I can't imagine that would be a tell-tale sign that a particular facility is intended for an internment camp. Perhaps it has more to do with property line issues than anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming