Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2008, 05:22 AM

23 posts, read 54,744 times

Advertisements

if anyone can give me a heads up on some jobs out there in casper it would be greatly apericated,we will be heading that way the first,im a highly skilled mechanic,and operator of loaders,roadgrader,and some other equipment. drug free,and very seldom drink.
my brother-in-law is a hard worker thats allways there and is a good carpender,roofer,mechanic,and can operate some equipment also.
michigan is dying and its time to do something....
i would like to get on as a offroad truck operator or loader operator.
thanks jimmy from MI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 06:48 AM

Location: Lowell, Michigan...unemployment capital of the nation!
4 posts, read 11,275 times
Default I'll be right behind you, zippo!

It's getting worse in Michigan by the day...GM announced this week it will close Wyoming, MI's metal plant. This town is a suburb of Grand Rapids...1400 jobs down and out! I got laid off last Friday...14 years with the same company. Bless them for keeping me busy as long as possible this season, but it's time to head west.
I wish the best for you Zippo, and I'm not far behind you.

Best regards,

Red

Old 10-15-2008, 08:00 AM

105 posts, read 448,912 times
There are jobs to be found everywhere in Wyoming for the most part. If your looking at Casper and have Heavy Duty Mechanic skills than being able to find a job should be Relatively easy. I would look into some construction companies as far as becoming an operator. Honnen Equipment and Wyoming Machinery also have mechanic oppurtunities most of the time. I would look at them as well. Just do a search for their local newspaper and that will help you out with the classifieds. Im not sure what type of community you are looking for but Rock Springs Green River Gillette Riverton are all places where the job market has boomed in the last couple of years.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:44 PM

PsykoKustoms if you dont mind i have a couple questions for you ?i saw one of you picure posts and it looks like you work on a rig ? if so,what is it like working there ? how hard is it,i've heard it can be tough . how hard is it to get on a rig ? the reason i ask is i will be coming to gillette on the second or the third of october . i know my work ethich is better than most,i'm drug free,and drink about 2-3 beer a month. i have alot of mechanical skills,so i dont think it would take me long to catch on.

as for your last post,i have been looking in the gillette paper every day. i would like to go to gillette,but im not fixed in one area yet ? depends on the jobs i guess. i would like to stick to the smaller towns if i can.. i have put in quite a few resamys and havent heard a thing ?guess i will see when i get there.
thanks for your help... jimmy

Old 10-15-2008, 10:48 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,220,389 times
We recently moved to Gillette and talk about a lot of Michigan folks here! I bet I see at least 10 Michigan license plates every day just going to and from work! I think word has really spread that Gillette has tons of jobs and great pay. It's true. If you came here you'd probably run into someone you know There are so many jobs in the areas you have expertise in that you would most likely find a job the day you arrived! It's not Casper, I know, but I just wanted to let you know that there are a lot of guys from MI here.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:54 AM

well GEORGIAINMT you will see 2 more there in 2 weeks,me and my brother-in-law will be heading out on the first.if you can or someone else post some pic's of town?(gillette)
thanks jimmy

Old 10-16-2008, 07:53 AM

105 posts, read 448,912 times
Yeah I have been in the oilfield since I turned 18, it put me through 4 years of college. As far as the work goes it all depends. It can be at times very grueling work. You work in anything that mother nature will throw at you. It has however gotten in my eyes alot easier and safer than in the beginning with all the technological advances that have been put on these rigs. You usually start out as a Worm on the rig. You pretty much do all the work that no one else wants to do becuase you are the new guy. With your mechanical background you may be able to get on as a motorhand. I would look at sites for H&P, BP, Nabors, Unit, True, Caza, Patterson, Greywolf, Extreme Drilling, the list can go on and on. Alot of these mentioned companies have career opportunities on their website and than you will be able to apply that way as well. The nice thing about that is you can live pretty much whereever you want as long as you can make it to the rig in time for your shift. Alot of them do 2 weeks on 2 weeks off so you can live anywhere you want as long as it is cost effective for you to drive back and forth every 2 weeks.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:52 PM

330 posts, read 1,095,927 times
There are a lot of jobs around Casper in construction (both residential and commercial) so finding something shouldn't be a problem at all. I've seen a lot of "FOR RENT" signs driving to and from work as well (plus all the usual "For Sale" signs). The job market here is really good (and I'm also a transplanted Mid-Westerner from Wisconsin.....so welcome....you're in good company!)

Please keep in mind that a lot of these places don't always advertise in the paper for their open positions. Your best bet is to either stop at the place of business you're interested in....or use SOS Staffing or the employment agency. I'm not sure if the WyomingHelpWanted.com site has much either (don't tend to look for jobs when I already have one I love).

Good luck and if there's anything I can help you with, please ask!

Old 10-16-2008, 07:36 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,831,588 times
I know for a fact Headquist is hireing mechanics. I was offered a job there as a "trainee" mechanic. So I know theyll hire a qualified one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming