Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2007, 03:32 PM

24 posts, read 110,640 times

Advertisements

Hello All, Haven't touched base here is awhile as we got some upsetting on one viewpoint, but great on another, that won't let us move right away at least. My 18 year old daughter is expecting in September. She graduates in June and starts college in August and still lives at home. We expected to get her tucked away in college and then make the move. This will be my first grandchild and I am pretty excited, but was really looking forward to the move. We can not seem to talk her into it with us. She said she can't leave her friends so we will see how many friends she has after they all go off to the dorm and she lives at home and goes to a local college and raises a baby. Her boyfriend said he would go if she did, so we can only hope that in a year she will agree. Thanks for all the great answers to our questions and I hope that all the info can still come in handy as we will get there eventually.
Good Luck all and save us a spot in Buffalo or Sheridan , Peggy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2007, 11:06 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,061,786 times
Well I think that everything in life happens for a reason, we don't always know why or can't sometimes explain, but life seems to always work itself out..

I wish you the best.. and hope to see you in town one day! Hey maybe when you come the housing will get better and the energy boom will slow down and things will be afforadable again lol I doubt it.. but it's a lovely thought hehehe

I wish you and your family the best of luck..

Last edited by Kristynwy; 03-03-2007 at 11:20 PM..

Old 03-04-2007, 09:26 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,775 posts, read 58,229,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapetoo View Post
...We can not seem to talk her into it with us. She said she can't leave her friends ...Her boyfriend said he would go if she did, ...

Ugh, like a sock in the stomach, I'm sure. Be careful about encouraging her to leave. On of my best friends did a 'cross country' move under similar circumstances 2 yrs ago. The additional stress of trying to make someone else (3 someone elses) happy really took a toll... his marriage tanked, and the boyfriend never got off top-dead-center, and they (kids) ended up moving back, (at the expense of the 'real' parents). Now friend is trying to settle the turbulance in their own home. (with out avail). Moving is stress enough, but it can probably best wait (good choice). Maybe the home prices will moderate, or you can take the time to go visit and get a good broker who will find you a 'distressed sale'.

You have an adequate helping on your plate.

Take care - once a parent, always a parent - mixed blessing
janb

Old 03-04-2007, 09:47 PM

777 posts, read 3,201,006 times
Peggy, sorry to hear about that, but congrats on being a new Grandma

At the risk of sounding like a cold hearted bass-turd, when my wife and I move, the kids will be welcome to come, but I am not staying here (So Cal)for anything.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:00 PM

24 posts, read 110,640 times
Default Thanks for the Words of Encouragement!

Hello All, Well good things come to those who wait and now I am not only going to be a grandma once, but my son and his other half are expecting in November, a month after my daughter who lives at home is expecting. So in a couple years we should be anxious to get out of here whenthe terrible twos come along. So save us a spot, we will get there sooner or later.
Thanks, Peggy

Old 03-18-2007, 10:33 PM

33 posts, read 148,699 times
Default Wishing you the Best

Hey Peggy,

I hope everything turns out well for you and your family, and that you make it out west soon. As for us we are in a holding pattern till the end of the school year. I did get a job offer in Sheridan with WyDot but the housing is just too much for what they pay. So I started looking in Park county and got a job offer there, but now our moving and set up money has vanished something to do with a very unhappy mother in law. So now I'll try to figure out a plan B and hopefully by the beggining of summer.

Good Luck Sean
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: