Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 08:41 PM

78 posts, read 410,114 times

Advertisements

You all will probably think I am crazy for even entertaining the idea of moving from Fort Lauderdale to Casper. Fort Lauderdale is nice for the weather, but the people ! ugghhhh!!! Way too many and way too mean not to mention many do not speak the language of the land (English, that is). I may be able to get a job in Casper for the Feds (BLM) but before I get serious about it, I was wondering how safe it would be for a single gal that wants to stay a single gal. I have seen some nice pictures from Google Street view and many of the houses look well kept and not too many "fixers". Any comments would be greatly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 08:46 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,106,591 times
As once a single lass who resided in Casper...just mind your surroundings. I didn't have problems at all, but I kept aware too. I've hiked across Wyoming alone and didn't have any troubles.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:48 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,422,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSGOOFN View Post
...I was wondering how safe it would be for a single gal that wants to stay a single gal.
Probably ^9 safer than where you are. If you're "safe" in Ft Lauderdale, there's no reason to think that you'd be anything but safe up here in Wyoming and Casper. I guess it depends on what you mean by "safe" though, since you follow it up with the "...who wants to stay single" bit. ?? Not like we have roving bands of single men and priests who attack single women, drug them and force them to get married. :P lol... but the mental image is funny.

It'll be a big culture shock going from beach to land-locked mountain area, not to mention huge population to no population. But it's safe.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:20 AM

82 posts, read 235,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSGOOFN View Post
You all will probably think I am crazy for even entertaining the idea of moving from Fort Lauderdale to Casper. Fort Lauderdale is nice for the weather, but the people ! ugghhhh!!! Way too many and way too mean not to mention many do not speak the language of the land (English, that is). I may be able to get a job in Casper for the Feds (BLM) but before I get serious about it, I was wondering how safe it would be for a single gal that wants to stay a single gal. I have seen some nice pictures from Google Street view and many of the houses look well kept and not too many "fixers". Any comments would be greatly appreciated!!
I live in South Florida as well and have been entertaining the thought of moving to the west. Actually I've been thinking of several different places. I'm curious, why are you considering Wyoming? Is it because it is so different from Florida? That's what's appealing to me. I'm sick of too much crowding, too many rude people, too much traffic...just too much. But I worry that the winters in Wyoming or Montana will be a little too harsh.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:28 AM

419 posts, read 602,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkjacket View Post
I live in South Florida as well and have been entertaining the thought of moving to the west. Actually I've been thinking of several different places. I'm curious, why are you considering Wyoming? Is it because it is so different from Florida? That's what's appealing to me. I'm sick of too much crowding, too many rude people, too much traffic...just too much. But I worry that the winters in Wyoming or Montana will be a little too harsh.
I am also in South Fla and looking to leave. I am from a state that gets cold and lived in New York

When I 1st came to Fla it was hard on me. Your body will adjust to the cold or heat which ever it is. So dont worry to much about the cold. Plus you would have clothes that help deal with it.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:46 AM

82 posts, read 235,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plovedupont View Post
I am also in South Fla and looking to leave. I am from a state that gets cold and lived in New York

When I 1st came to Fla it was hard on me. Your body will adjust to the cold or heat which ever it is. So dont worry to much about the cold. Plus you would have clothes that help deal with it.
I'm originally from NJ so I've been in the cold before, but have been in Florida for 10 years so my blood has thinned. Never thought I'd be here that long.

For those that live in Wyoming, what do you love? what do you hate? What's your advice to those thinking of relocating? What do you think are the biggest adjustments?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming