Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2009, 10:03 PM

54 posts, read 183,348 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you from Gillette and the surrounding who post to this site. My husband and I are both nurse practitioners who are looking for a great place to live and raise our 9 year old. We look at Lusk last year, but it didnt work out. We now have an amazing opportunity in Gillette at the hospital. We will be visiting the city in a few weeks. Thanks to you guys (and hours of reading) I really think that Gillette will be a great fit for us.
I have read on areas in town that are better than others, but my primary guide is my sons education. Do you have any suggestions as to which schools might have more to offer? Are there aftercare programs in any of the schools? ( I dont get off work until 430) I checked out the School boards website and it wasnt all that helpful. The individual schools all have varing websites.
Thanks again for all of your information and general sharing!!!
Kat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 11:52 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,296,100 times
Welcome Kat!

I think all the schools are good and fairly equal to each other, at least that's the goal. I'm not aware of any "aftercare programs" -- doesn't mean there aren't any. Have you checked with the hospital about their daycare? Maybe they can be dropped off there.

When my kids were that age they went to a daycare after school for a couple hours. (They're probably your age!)

Old 09-13-2009, 03:31 PM

54 posts, read 183,348 times
Thanks for the response, WyoNewk! GeorgiaMT was able to advise me on some aftercare programs at the schools, which was a huge relief! We have been able to find several homes that look great via the web. But as all things, you need to be there to really see it. Plus I am not sure how far out of town we can live given the winters and still be able to get to work on time. (or get to work at all) Thanks again!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming