Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 12:52 AM

8 posts, read 30,986 times

Advertisements

Chris LeDoux did not grow up in Kaycee or even in WY for that matter. He was born in Mississippi and grew up in Texas. Though his family moved around a lot because his father was in the air force. Chris moved to Kaycee when he was in his twenties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 01:10 PM

632 posts, read 1,517,345 times
Default Are you sure about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff View Post
Chris LeDoux did not grow up in Kaycee or even in WY for that matter. He was born in Mississippi and grew up in Texas. Though his family moved around a lot because his father was in the air force. Chris moved to Kaycee when he was in his twenties.

He spent his youthful years in Texas, but was hardly in his twenties when his family moved to Wyoming. He graduated from Central High School in Cheyenne.

Check out ledouxcountry.com

Old 12-06-2007, 11:47 PM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,065,723 times
Well exccuuuuuuuusssse me, I stand corrected, twice - lol! )

Old 12-07-2007, 07:02 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
I knew Chris. Matter of fact I visited him on his ranch down by Kaycee several times.

At least his heart was here. He loved his place. He once told me, "I wouldn't want to live anywhere else."

Old 12-07-2007, 03:52 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,056,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I knew Chris. Matter of fact I visited him on his ranch down by Kaycee several times.

At least his heart was here. He loved his place. He once told me, "I wouldn't want to live anywhere else."
That is neat you knew him ElkHunter How did you two meet??

Last edited by ElkHunter; 12-07-2007 at 04:15 PM..

Old 12-07-2007, 04:15 PM

I had a business here in Sheridan building post frame steel buildings. He had me come down and do some bids for him.

Old 12-07-2007, 04:40 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,056,509 times
That is neat. My hubby's service manager went down to his ranch a handfull of times to service his furnaces ect... Sadly my husband never got the chance to met him though.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:01 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post

Of all the musicians I've ever heard of, Chris is probably the one I wished I could have met the most. The only others that I would really like to meet are Brad Paisley, Dwight Yoakam, and Buck Owens. Sadly, like Chris, Buck Owens is not with us anymore. Chris LeDoux always seemed like the most down to earth person one could ever know. I love how he was such a great husband and family man. I also loved the stories he would tell of the simple life as a cowboy, both in rodeo and around the ranch. He was someone that just seemed to be genuine in every way imaginable.

I fell in love with Wyoming just from listening to his music, and wanted to visit there ever since hearing him sing about it. Thankfully, I took a trip there several years ago, and I've been going back there regularly ever since. I even bought a piece of Wyoming to call home when I retire.

I was brought to tears when I heard that he passed away a couple years ago. Having heard almost everything he ever recorded, and having seen him in concert several times, I felt like I did know him, even though we never met. His music played a huge part in my becoming who I am. I felt the same way when Buck Owens passed away, since he was so well known where I currently live. These two artists each defined their style of music in ways that have been imitated, but never improved upon. I will miss them both. God bless you Chris and Buck!

Old 12-08-2007, 04:19 AM

Chris was first and foremost a Wyoming Cowboy. Secondly, he was a singer that could place you in Wyoming.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:48 AM

95 posts, read 261,412 times
Kaycee is a great lil town. I live in Buffalo and Its a bigger town but real nice. I lived in Kaycee for a few years. A lot of nice folks. Let me know If I can help Take care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming