Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2007, 12:26 PM

74 posts, read 310,722 times

Advertisements

Hi Tega Cay folks (I know there are many of you out there)! We are really considering moving to the area this summer. Could you give me honest feedback on the area (the good and bad). We are looking for a home in the 300K price range and have 2 young children. I know the schools are great and the community activities look appealing. What am I not seeing?? Any neighborhoods to really look into and any to avoid?

Thanks for all your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 05:14 PM

390 posts, read 1,518,044 times
I love it. We're building there right now and can't wait to be in our house. Agreed on the schools and the community activities. Have you seen the Beach and Swim Center? I can't wait to move in.

It really can be divided into a couple of categories. There is the old section that was originally the resort development, from the Golf Club back (all the streets with Polynesian names). That is a diverse collection of really unique houses that might seem close together until you go inside and realize they're all situated to take best possible advantage of the rugged terrain and any water views.

There are some newer neighborhoods like Seven Coves, Water Trace, and Heron Harbor where you can find some larger homes built by individual builders over the last 1-30 years. And at least one that's being built at this very moment by my DH; the very same one I'm going to go help paint right now!

Then there is the new construction - LakeShore at Lake Wylie. A beautiful collection of townhomes and everywhere from mid-sized to large homes in a cohesive community full of new playgrounds, a dog park, the beach center, etc.

As far as I'm concerned you can't go wrong. It all depends on what you like and what you'd most like to have within walking distance. Although if you're enterprising enough, you can walk just about anywhere since it's only 3 square miles.

The only complaint I've ever heard was from someone who lived near the marina -- that too many people were parking on his street because they didn't have the proper permits to park at the marina.

I'm sure lovesthecarolinas can give you more when she swings by - she's the resident Tega Cay expert.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:28 PM

2 posts, read 7,879 times
Can't beat it here...Golf, Lake, Tennis, Trails, and nice parks. We love it here in Tega Cay. We were going to move, but decided to remodel our house so we could stay on the golf course.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:18 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,227,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon to be South View Post
Hi Tega Cay folks (I know there are many of you out there)! We are really considering moving to the area this summer. Could you give me honest feedback on the area (the good and bad). We are looking for a home in the 300K price range and have 2 young children. I know the schools are great and the community activities look appealing. What am I not seeing?? Any neighborhoods to really look into and any to avoid?

Thanks for all your help!
I have spoke to you (or typed/emailed/responded or whatever you want to call it) in a previous thread some time back. From that I remember you liked Tega Cay (as do I). I remember your hubby was to work in Ballantyne (again..nice commute from TC to Ballantyne), and you are aware we have really good schools here in Fort Mill....so what are you waiting for?

Seriously though...the only downside for you might be if your children are elementary school age. If that is the case...just so you know...your children would not attend Gold Hill Elementary this year (as there is a current freeze on new enrollment)...but in fact your children would attend Riverview Elementary. Riverview is still within the Fort Mill school system (and still a good school)...it just will be a little longer commute for your children. But, if that is not a problem...then come on down!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties