Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2011, 06:25 PM

4 posts, read 16,425 times

Advertisements

I am looking for the names of reputable builders in the Fort Mill area as well as the names of some nice subdivisions build by these builders.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 12:01 PM

28 posts, read 77,811 times
It depends on your price range...

If you can spend 300K + I would recommend John Wieland Homes. One of the Wieland communities is Bridgemill Subdivision. It is located on Rte 521 1.5 miles south of the Lowes (in Indian Land) at the intersection of Rte 160 and 521. They have luxury homes with standard features such as granite counters and hardwood floors;

If you don't mind a little more "cookie cutter" neighborhood, I would suggest you look at Ryan Homes. They are located in Rosemont Subdivision on Rte 160 about 2 miles west of Lowes in Indian Land. They have ranch and two story plans in the more "affordable" price range but still retain good quality.

I would also recommend Bonterra Builders. They are Chalotte-based and family owned. They opened a new phase this year on Barberville Road off Rte 160 just west of Rosemont. If you drive north on Barberville Road about 1.5 miles you will see it on the right. They will work with discrimininating customers who want custom features but can't afford th $400 + price tag.

I have personally looked at all three and have no problems with any of their reputations; for quality and architectural character, I chose Wieland.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:55 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,801,729 times
IMO, Ryan cannot compete in the same ionosphere as Weiland or Bonterra for that matter. I own a Ryan now and cannot wait to get rid of it, I am basing this on the quality of the building materials, workmanship and service level after the sale

Old 03-22-2011, 07:41 AM

28 posts, read 77,811 times
Not everyone can afford to spend the amount of money it takes to get into a Wieland home; I stand by my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties