Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2011, 09:31 AM

13 posts, read 26,638 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Fort Mill this summer. Currently considering a home in Fallbrook subdivision and one in Waterstone.

Would appreciate any information you could give on these neighborhoods regarding HOA rules/restrictions, safety, activities, friendliness, .......anything. For Waterstone specifically, the lake there, is it a fishing lake, swimming lake, or neither?

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 09:14 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,992,985 times
I live in Waterstone near the back of the sub and love it. As for friendliness, you get out what you put into it. Some people wave, some don't. I like my neighbors though.

I don't think the HOA is overly strict, we did have some tall weeds on our lawn before we officially moved in and received a notice, but haven't heard since then. I was able to build a play structure after it was approved. As long as you follow the rules, I don't think there are any problems. If you have specifics as to what restrictions, I might be able to help.

You can go here for some info, you can email the committee and they can probably send you the covenants.
http://www.waterstonehoa.com/

I can see the edge of the 'lake' from my house, but am not sure if it is a retention pond or what. I haven't been over there. I would be leery of swimming anywhere these days due to pollution. The pool in the sub is really nice.

I live toward the back of the sub on a cul-de-sac and feel 100% safe. There are some cut-throughs for traffic, so be mindful of that if you are looking at a house on what of the busier streets.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:17 PM

13 posts, read 26,638 times
Thank you very much for the information. Waterstone looks like such a lovely neighborhood, and sounds that way by your reponse.

I appreciate it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties