Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 12:53 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,217,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimanthri View Post
I am also look to build home in this community, Question for Sc Transplant : does the builder did negotiated the price , do you know what cable option available in this area .. i am looking to get time Warner . Thanks for the help .
While I know this question was/is not directed to me I hope you don't mind be answering one question and offering you advice on the other.

If you are interested in Kimbrell Crossing in Fort Mill your only option for cable is.......Comporium (Time Warner does not service Fort Mill but does in certain parts of Indian Land).

The suggestion I have is that you quickly get a realtor (if you haven't done so already) that is working for you. Do Not expect that the builder/builders agent is going to be looking out for your best interest (for what it is worth I am not a realtor).

Good Luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 01:51 PM

8 posts, read 29,998 times
TWC is the primary operator in this area although I recommend Dish by far.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:27 PM

259 posts, read 798,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
While I know this question was/is not directed to me I hope you don't mind be answering one question and offering you advice on the other.

If you are interested in Kimbrell Crossing in Fort Mill your only option for cable is.......Comporium (Time Warner does not service Fort Mill but does in certain parts of Indian Land).

The suggestion I have is that you quickly get a realtor (if you haven't done so already) that is working for you. Do Not expect that the builder/builders agent is going to be looking out for your best interest (for what it is worth I am not a realtor).

Good Luck to you!
Good advice about getting a realtor... but get a buyer's agent. Otherwise the realtor is still looking out for the seller's interests.

You are also right about Time Warner only being available in parts of Indian Land. We may be in the minority, but we have only good experiences with Comporium.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:45 AM

2 posts, read 3,758 times
I was been to Kimbrell Crossings ..and was impressed with the homes and the price they are offering....thiking of buying a home...but have a concern about the surroundings...looks like there are some "affordable housing" community right across the street (next to leroy springs) ..does that cause any affect to resale or security wise?

Old 04-22-2013, 08:57 AM

5 posts, read 11,673 times
thanks for answering question.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:56 PM

396 posts, read 977,666 times
Something is "off" about this neighborhood to me. I think it's way overpriced for the location. Too near the Paradise section for the money. Nothing against Paradise, but I hate the way they try to build upscale neighborhoods around lower income housing and trailers here. Just my humble .02.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:51 PM

198 posts, read 291,280 times
Hi,
DH and I have been looking around in FM and planning to buy our humble first home there.. we love the suburban feel and the low taxes of SC..

Out of a couple of S/D.. we liked Kimbrell Crossing (1. commute to uptown Charlotte is relatively easy compared to Forest at Fort Mill..even though we liked the Forest 2. schools are decent) ..

The stuff this builder (Essex Homes) is giving for the money is amazing.. but there are a couple of things that is holding us :
1. the nighborhood - is that ever gonna develop?

2. Should we be worried about the Confederate flag right when we enter the community ?

2. the facilities/amenities/grocery stores is that ever gonna grow?

3. is it an unsafe neighborhood? why do they have to have a gate built in there?

4. is leroy spring park not so very well maintained ? (cant tell from the looks of it).. - need to know this.. as Kimbrell has no plans of having a swimming pool/gym/walking trail etc..

5. I see a few homes have been built out.. so i try be positive and visualize how this community is going to look once everythign is built out.. but somehow still cannot connvince myself :-(

also.. now adding one to the list.. what is this Paradise section (sorry I am not from in here)..

Any help/input is highly appreciated. Thanks !

Old 04-24-2013, 01:10 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,217,128 times
Default Kimbrell Crossing ........

To all of you who seem to like Kimbrell Crossing in Fort Mill but have some reservations.....

There is quite a bit of information on this site on Kimbrell if you do a quick search (or hopefully the link I provide will save you some time): https://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...archid=3946580.

I will also try and provide you with a quick Readers Digest condensed version of Kimbrell Crossings history.

*Original developer purchases land and starts to develop land. A slight (huge) oversight by someone in a certain department realizes that the future road (bypass) that is to be built will cut right through Kimbrell. Developer is angry and puts development on hold until road is figured out. Now a certain department reroutes road (bypass) from new fancy development and decides that the road will cut through the land that many of these people have had in their families for some time. This makes certain people angry and very upset. Meantime bottom drops out of economy and original developer bows out of Kimbrell. Don't quote me on this but I believe new developer could not get things going through the tough economy and went belly up (clarification: I know developer went belly up I am just not sure which developer). Economy starts picking up a new developer resurrects Kimbrell Crossing once again.

So in regard to the bypass...it will eventually be built and the plans can be found on the internet.

One of the first things people will say is in real estate is: Location Location Location. If you like Kimbrell Crossing great. If something in your gut tells you something doesn't feel right then move on.

I personally would not move into a new home, or new development if I did not like what it was surrounded by and then expect the people that were there before me to move, or clean up their act. That is like moving next to a pre existing airport and then expecting the airport to move once I have bought my home.

Here is more to read if you so desire:

Bypass: | Fort Mill Times - Fort Mill, SC

Not everyone dreading Southern Bypass | Fort Mill Times - Fort Mill, SC

Old 04-24-2013, 02:03 PM

198 posts, read 291,280 times
Thanks a ton 'lovethecarolinas' - these information and pointers are very helpful. Much appreciated.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:06 PM

12 posts, read 44,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
(clarification: I know developer went belly up I am just not sure which developer).
Not sure about the developer, but think the builder was was K. Hovnanian - they wound up their Charlotte ties when it all tanked. Even Ryan was in there for sometime apart from Essex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties