Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2008, 10:29 AM

26 posts, read 133,996 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any summer camps that run all summer long in the Fort Mill area? We are looking for one for our 5 year old to keep him busy during the day, even if it's a half day camp. We have been looking and cannot find anything. We are willing to send him to a church or another facility, however we are trying to stay away from daycare facilities as their costs seem outragous to me, but are willing if the price is decent. If anyone knows of any places, can you also include approximate cost as well. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 07:40 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennazer View Post
Does anyone know of any summer camps that run all summer long in the Fort Mill area? We are looking for one for our 5 year old to keep him busy during the day, even if it's a half day camp. We have been looking and cannot find anything. We are willing to send him to a church or another facility, however we are trying to stay away from daycare facilities as their costs seem outragous to me, but are willing if the price is decent. If anyone knows of any places, can you also include approximate cost as well. Thank you.
...I know of several summer camps in the area but not any that I am aware of that run all summer long?

(for example)
Leroy Springs Recreation Complex (Fort Mill)
Anne Springs Close Greenway (Fort Mill)
Winthrop University (Rock Hill)
Camp Thunderbird (Lake Wylie)
YMCA's

Old 03-25-2014, 06:39 AM

100 posts, read 213,084 times
Our daughter goes to Field of Dreams and they have a summer camp, she loves it.

The Discovery center in uptown has week long (some full day, some part day) summer camps as well.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:51 AM

396 posts, read 976,828 times
Leroy Springs Summer FLYERS runs all summer 7:00am - 6:00pm. We used the Springfield Elementary school location (it's ran out of two elementary school locations and you can choose either location or both - flip-flopping weeks). They have field trips, activities and the like. We used them a few years back and my daughter LOVED it. I can't remember the cost, however, but it was less than Field of Dreams. Their summer camp was good, but pricey - which most actual "day care centers" are. We ended up having a bad experience there, switching to FLYERS and my girl actually liked FLYERS better. But she did like Field of Dreams, too.

Thomas Gymnastics runs a summer camp from 7:00-6:00 and it's all Summer long, too. My daughter went two summers there and liked it even better than FLYERS and Field of Dreams. Again - crafts, activities, field trips, swimming just like the others. The director is really a great guy. I remember the cost was $90/week, but my friend uses them and said now it is $125/week. Still a deal compared to daycare centers.

I saw an advertisement in the York County Magazine that Kate's Skating Rink in Rock Hill is offering an all day Summer Camp this year from 7:00-6:00 and includes skating, activities, and field trips. I didn't catch the cost.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:56 AM

396 posts, read 976,828 times
Oh, also - yes - Fort Mill YMCA has all summer Summer Camp. I think they're kind of pricey, though, but not sure. Just heard this from someone I work with. I think the older kids get to go to Carowinds. Wish I were a kid! :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties