Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 02:05 PM

40 posts, read 62,171 times

Advertisements

personally, i would stay away from gold hill rd and the 160 area. traffic is a already mess, and several new sub divisions are planned or just starting to be built.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 02:07 PM

625 posts, read 495,894 times
Out of all the rules listed from the PP the only one that I've seen in most neighborhoods is the boat / RV in driveway. The other common one is no street parking but that's primarily seen as a safety issue.

I would never live in a neighborhood that dictated the types of curtains I can have. I guess some may want to avoid having people hang sheets in the windows. I think our HOA has some sort of rules on what can't be visible or hung but you don't need to go through architectural review to do it.

Other things like plants and gardens do, and a lot of that has to do with protecting neighbors as well. You don't want your neighbor planting a garden that will change the water flow of their yard and damage yours. Most are in place to protect home values. Drive around and look at neighborhoods that are not sub-divisions or in an HOA and you'll see what I mean.

Old 06-11-2014, 04:20 PM

2 posts, read 8,837 times
Hi, I would also look at Sutton Place (right behind Baxter Village), Bailiwyck, and Melbourne at Bailiwyck off Pleasant Road. Sutton Place has had a couple sell this year for $325k though their list prices were in the $340K area. Nothing in Bailiwyck right now at that price but I would keep it on the radar. While it is very rare sometimes you can get something at that price in Beacon Knoll.

Also Lake Shore in Tega Cay - this is different than Lake Ridge - it is a more established neighborhood.

The other neighborhoods you looked at are great also. The Reserves are very nice. I like the high ceilings and large doors makes all the spaces feel grand.

I am a Realtor so if you have any questions feel free to ask and I will do what I can to help no strings attached. bcferrell2@gmail.com

Old 06-11-2014, 05:42 PM

341 posts, read 459,372 times
Yes, love the large doors and high ceilings of the Reserves. I would love some kind of "wow" factor in our new home. Obviously, in our price range, we are going to have to prioritize our needs and wants. If only we could go up 100k Pretty sure I could find my dream home. We did look at Lake Shore, but not remembering the house that was there...hmmm....

Thanks for the suggestions, BCFerrell. And thanks for the heads up about gold hill Rd, jtforbin.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:22 PM

547 posts, read 779,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtforbin View Post
personally, i would stay away from gold hill rd and the 160 area. traffic is a already mess, and several new sub divisions are planned or just starting to be built.
Do you also suggest that everyone should stay away from everywhere north of the city due to traffic on 77N or SE of the city due to traffic on 485 outer loop? That traffic is much worse than anything you'll see at Gold Hill and 160.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:25 AM

9 posts, read 16,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissycs View Post
DH is being offered a job transfer from CT to the Charlotte area. We've focused our search on the Fort Mill area. I've done some preliminary research, and we spent the weekend w a real estate agent looking at homes. Very exciting!
Our priorities are: school system (three girls, 12, 10, and 5), neighborhood amenities, look of the neighborhood. Commute is lower on the list of priorities, but it's one of the reasons we are looking in Fort Mill instead of Union County. DH would commute straight up 77 to exit 4 in North Carolina. (we've been told a 25 minute commute as opposed to a 45 min commute from waxhaw, for example).

We need to stay under $325k. Saw a bunch of houses that we would be very happy with. But want to make sure we are not overlooking any neighborhoods. We looked all over, but keep coming back to The Reserve at Gold Hill. Also looked at Lake Ridge, but not thrilled with the "sea of houses". Also looked at Waterstone, Knightsbridge and in old Tega Cay. I think DH and I have determined that we like a more established neighborhood, but something on the newer side. Anything else we should be considering??

Thanks in advance! (also considering millbridge and cureton in north carolina, but haven't looked there as much yet)

Btw, LOVE Baxter Village, but really it's out of our price range for a 4 bedroom, and something about those tiny lots is hard for me to get my head around. We'd be happy hanging out there, but don't think we need to live there
-- I have to agree with you on a lot of these fronts, we have children as well, we looked all over fort mill and we gravitated towards Reserve of Gold Hill as well. We liked a lot of the Fort Mill, we looked in Massey and Lake Ridge but found that we would be looking at a sea of house for awhile and seeing construction for the next couple of years. We didn't really like Tega Cay but that area just didn't fit us as a family. Back to the Reserve, There are a few homes in the neighborhood that are around your price range. We just viewed some the houses last weekend and liked a lot of them but found one that just fell in love with. Good Luck with your search you can't go wrong with whatever you pick.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:04 PM

5 posts, read 9,869 times
Default stay away from David Weekley Massey

Older thread, but maybe someone will benefit. Don't even think of building with David Weekley in Massey. Long story, but they royally screwed us over. Unprofessional, unethical, and liars to boot. Our realtor will never show David Weekley new construction again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties