Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 07:32 PM

116 posts, read 430,806 times

Advertisements

Hi There!

Anyone out there live in or know anything about the Forest Oaks subdivision in Lake Wylie? I understand the homes in that subdivision are very affordable and there are 2 in particular for sale right now that I am keeping my eye on (we are relocating from Tennessee).

Any details about this subdivision would be great. What's in it, what's not - what's good what's bad.. etc.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 07:51 PM

622 posts, read 1,783,306 times
Default Forest Oaks

It depends on what your perceptions are in relocating. The school system is highly rated, shopping is nearby, and there are many amenitities available (not in the community).

There are other areas that may be of more interest and not have the history of the area you are looking at.

If you need further info, feel free to PM me.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:27 AM

19 posts, read 79,990 times
Default Forest Oaks

Hi nsantamaria,

I currently reside in this neighborhood. We moved to the area from Iowa about 7 weeks ago. The house we are in was provided to us temporarily as corporate housing until we can find a permanent place to live. Our daughters go to Crowders Creek elementary school and love it. It is a very good school and that means alot coming from Iowa where the schools are also very good.

As far as amentities, there are none that the neighborhood itself provides. There are two grocery stores within a mile or two from the neighborhood. There are also several restaurants. Not sure what else you are looking for but if you want you can PM me and I will be more than happy to give you more info.

J

Old 12-22-2007, 12:55 PM

18 posts, read 76,578 times
I live right around the corner from Forest Oaks and grew up in Des Moines Iowa. What part of Iowa are you from? My family has lived here for over 17 years. We love it here.

Old 12-22-2007, 12:58 PM

19 posts, read 79,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry.Knode View Post
I live right around the corner from Forest Oaks and grew up in Des Moines Iowa. What part of Iowa are you from? My family has lived here for over 17 years. We love it here.
We are from Cedar Rapids. We love it down here too, it is good to be away from the cold and wind.

Old 12-28-2007, 05:58 AM

2 posts, read 12,724 times
Hi!

I am from the Muscatine area and have lived the last few years in Wash, Dc but are now being relocated to Charlotte and are looking for housing in the Lake Wylie area. Any ideas? We are in the $600,000 range. Schools are important as we have 2 girls 6&10.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:22 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,170,894 times
If schools are very important to you, I would check school reports before deciding on a specific area. Check http://ed.sc.gov/topics/researchandstats/schoolreportcard/ (broken link) for SC school report cards as a start.

Best of luck to you

Old 12-30-2007, 08:01 AM

622 posts, read 1,783,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anegada12 View Post
Hi!

I am from the Muscatine area and have lived the last few years in Wash, Dc but are now being relocated to Charlotte and are looking for housing in the Lake Wylie area. Any ideas? We are in the $600,000 range. Schools are important as we have 2 girls 6&10.
Hi,

Both the Fort Mill and Clover schools are highly rated. At the price range you are looking in there are many communities that are available. If you could give us an idea of what you are looking for in a home and community (i.e. shopping, community amenities, commute time, etc), we can provide you with information that meets your needs.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:18 AM

2 posts, read 12,724 times
Default Commuting to Uptown Charl.

Hi All!

We came down last weekend and took a tour of the area (Union County, Tega Cay, Fort Mill, Palisades, etc.) ....would anybody live in the SC area on the west side of Lake Wylie as we were wondering what the commute time is to Uptown....what the traffic is like on 49 ..... etc. We were told that it is 40 minutes or less and that the good thing is, you have 2 alternate routes in that you could take 49 to 77 and go that way OR...run straight north to 85 and then in.....

Anybody live over that way that could help us with your experience in commuting?

Thanks!

J

Old 02-20-2008, 09:35 AM

2 posts, read 8,714 times
Default Forest Oaks Question

Hey there, I live in Forest Oaks in Lake Wylie and We moved here in April 2007 so almost one year. I can tell you first hand that the schools are great and great some more! I like the houses, they are a good value to live so close to the Lake and have the great schools and to be so affordable. I do get so tired of people in this subdivision parking on the streets and not taking good care of the yards, however most people here are nice and lots do take really good care of their homes. We downsized from River Hills which is a subdivision that is gated a few miles from here and I was used to strict HOA, so if you want strick and perfect go to River Hills it is perfect and way more $$$$$ however if you want to save money and still have the schools this is a good neighborhood for that. The city of Lake Wylie itself is awesome and I would never leave here. Hope that helps, I know of lots of good himes for sale here and I would be happy to help. GOOD LUCK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties