Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2014, 06:54 AM

2 posts, read 3,286 times

Advertisements

We have been reading the forums a lot for the last week or so. My husband is in the process of interviewing for a job with promotion in the fort mill area. It would require a relocation for us.

We currently live in a rural area with a home on over 2 acres. It seems a larger lot is not the norm in this area.

Looking for some subdivision suggestions for the husband to look at when he goes down to visit the area soon.

We are looking for homes (do not need to be a new build) between 2500 and 3500 sq feet on larger or private lots with trees. We would love to have our own pool, but based on our research they seem very far and few. A community pool would then be a requirement. I am looking for family friendly neighborhoods and a place with activities for us to meet new people. We have 2 girls 11 and 8. A great school system is a huge priority for us.

Also- last question- I know NC could be more rural, but are all areas going through redistricting there? This move would be hard enough on our kids, I dont want them to have to change schools again. Hubby would be working right in Fort Mill.

We are of course hoping to find homes under 350K, although we might be able to go a tad higher. Please share your suggestions!!!! Thank you for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2014, 08:57 AM

850 posts, read 2,661,422 times
Under $350 is going to be tough in Fort Mill with those requirements.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:40 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,613,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marndt View Post
Under $350 is going to be tough in Fort Mill with those requirements.
Especially considering their attempt to cram as many homes in as humanly possible.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:44 PM

16 posts, read 41,610 times
I don't know of any Fort Mill neighborhoods that have close to 1 acre lots, 2,500+ sq ft houses, a community pool, and are anywhere near under 350k. You can get two out of three in an older neighborhood like Tara Plantation though. I have a friend that just recently sold her house in Tara--it has well over an acre wooded lot, home is a 3,500 sq ft custom build from 1992, and sold for a little over 360k. No pool though. Also the Carowood neighborhood has large lots but most of the houses are going to be smaller than 2500 sq ft and no community pool. You might be able to find a house in one of those neighborhoods that already has a pool.

**Also the Regent Park area has some larger lots (I've seen over 0.5 acre) in some sections and they do have a community pool I believe.

Last edited by jc803; 08-11-2014 at 04:27 PM..

Old 08-12-2014, 08:18 AM

2 posts, read 3,286 times
Thank you for the replies. I know that the 2 acre lot we currently have is not something we will find in the Fort Mill area in our budget. Any suggestions for areas that have mature trees or privacy? Hubby will be traveling down to this area soon to see if its something we will like.

Thank you again.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:45 AM

261 posts, read 482,571 times
In the Fort Mill area if you want mature trees and privacy, try looking in Olde Williamsburg or Old Orchard. Unfortunately, neither have a community pool but their lots are larger than most around here and some houses may have a pool. You can also look at the area off of Holbrook Road.

Unfortunately, I have to concur with everyone else that in that price range you are going to have to decide which of your must-haves are most important. You will have to look long and hard to find something with mature trees, privacy, large lot and a pool or community pool for under 350K. Pick two or three of those things and you'll be more successful.

Good luck!

Old 08-12-2014, 01:54 PM

135 posts, read 196,832 times
There are homes currently on the market on larger homesites within your price range in Olde Williamsburg, Oxford Place, and Ravenwood. The biggest challenge will be finding homesites that large in a community with amenities. Your best bet if your not willing to compromise on the lot size is to plan on buying something that already has a pool (rare), or plan on building a pool.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:18 PM

110 posts, read 161,429 times
Beacon Knoll or Bailiwyck might suit your needs. Both are older neighborhoods (25 yrs or so), with mature trees. Depending on the home, you might luck into a pretty large lot. Certainly larger than many new builds. Bailiwyck is larger and might have more on the market. Homes in Beacon Knoll come on the market less frequently. Both neighborhoods have pools, clubhouses and planned social activities. HOA fees in BK run $600 a year.

Also, since he will be working in Fort Mill, you have a lot more flexibility than someone who needs to commute to Charlotte. Lucky! You could look for neighborhoods off Doby's Bridge Road. There are some more mature locations out there which might suit you. Plus, that area is zoned to a brand new elementary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties