Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2014, 11:38 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,398,945 times

Advertisements

I am coming from out of state and I have a work project in the York area in September and October and I'm looking for short term rentals (furnished). I found :

Gable Oaks | Apartments in Rock Hill, SC

Forrest Brook « Bradley Development | Affordable Housing Developer

Forest Oaks Apartments

Legacy At Manchester Village Home - Rentals

The Summit - Furnished Temporary Apartments

As possibilities. Mainly need safe and clean but a pool and such would be a nice bonus. Anyone familiar with these properties or at least the neighborhoods or have any other suggestions? I would prefer to be on the western side of town just to make getting to York a bit easier but mainly want a safe place that is clean. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 06:13 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,314,645 times
When we first moved down here in 2006 we lived in Gable Oaks in a first floor apartment on a three-month lease. I can tell you they are NOT as nice as those in the pictures on the website. At least, in 2006 they weren't. Maybe in the past 8 years they've had a major overhaul and turned luxury.

Things from our experience (again, this is eight years ago, so YMMV if they've upgraded the facilities and the quality of renters):
Cons:
1) The front door had a 1" gap at the bottom, resulting in bugs crawling in at their leisure at all times
2) The walls were so thin we could hear our next door neighbor when she was putting her children to sleep at night (and I mean we could hear the ENTIRE CONVERSATION). Result? We whispered a lot when we lived there.
3) We had a grill on the small back patio which was stolen, as was my husband's bicycle.
4) We would get ants in the bathroom off the master bedroom all the time - don't know why (it's not like we kept food in there)

Pro:
1) At the time they offered short-term leases, which was beneficial for us. We signed on for 3-months initially and hated the apartment so much that we really stepped up our househunting game, landing a house and timing closing to take place just before the lease ended. We moved out the day before the lease came to an end.
2) Getting onto I77 was a dream because it was right.there. My commute to my job in Charlotte was reasonable from these apartments.

Old 08-26-2014, 06:30 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,398,945 times
Thanks!! That is the kind of information I am looking for!! I don't like bugs so that will be something to check for. If you have any other suggestions of places to consider, I am open to those too! I put out emails to these places but I have not heard back yet.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:36 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,984,916 times
I am only familiar with Forest Oaks and that is when they were new. My son and a friend lived there and it was a nice place. I don't know about now, but it is in a safe part of town and it appears they keep the property up. My niece and her husband lived in Village Station Apartments for three years and at that time it was nice (been several years.) That is a good neighborhood too. But I don't know if they offer short term rentals.

http://www.villagestationapartments.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties