Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2014, 03:49 PM

51 posts, read 68,225 times

Advertisements

Looking at newer homes/new construction in the three areas listed. Found an AWESOME existing home in Lake Wylie that fits all our needs. However, I've read iffy reviews of living in LW. We are 58/56 year old empty nesters. Hubby will work in Ft Mill near Carowinds. Thoughts?
Also- have never been to the area. Hubs has. Going the end of December

Last edited by cba1956; 12-06-2014 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: Changing title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 07:55 AM

622 posts, read 1,785,453 times
My wife and I are empty nesters and have lived in Lake Wylie for 13 years. We love living here and have made many friends in the community. It is hard to address your concerns without more specific information. Please DM me and I will try to address any issues you may have

Old 12-08-2014, 10:53 AM

351 posts, read 657,831 times
If hubby wants to be really close to work consider some of the subdivisions off Pleasant Road in Fort Mill.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:32 PM
H22

42 posts, read 101,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gapeach69 View Post
If hubby wants to be really close to work consider some of the subdivisions off Pleasant Road in Fort Mill.
What kind of homes are being built (have been built?) in that area?

Old 12-09-2014, 12:35 PM

351 posts, read 657,831 times
There's not any new subdivisions at this point, but there are quite a few nice ones. Going south up Pleasant from Carowinds, there's Fair Oaks, Pleasant Glen, Beacon Knoll, Baliwyck, and 2 subdivisions with nice townhomes. There's a couple up near Publix where Gold Hill is too. The land lots aren't really big, but they're decent compared to some other subdivisions I've seen. And there's all brick homes as well. It's a really area to be in for reasonably fast access to 77. It's less traffic than coming from the west side that is for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H22 View Post
What kind of homes are being built (have been built?) in that area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties