Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 06:23 AM

4 posts, read 13,591 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if someone could tell me the approximate price per acre in the Jefferson area of SC?

Thanks in advance!

LabLady
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 09:47 AM

251 posts, read 1,128,091 times
Well, there is plenty of land out there, and not convenient to anything. Poor schools, poor county services, and many social problems. But the cost of land there is dependent on what size tract you're looking at. If you want an acre or so for a mobile home, you might pay 12 k or so. If you want 200 acres on which the timber has already been harvested, you might pay a thousand an acre.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:11 AM

Moedog,

Thanks for your response. We went to look at the property this past weekend. It's 17 with a large pond and a small (not worth much) house. It is very secluded and the homes around the property looked very well maintained.

We want the property as a second home and eventually a place to retire. We very much liked what we saw there, but you say there are social problems. Now you have me worried.

I don't think the property is in the town of Jefferson, but on the out skirts. It's just south of Rt. 9 and 265.

Please - more input!!!

Thanks so much,
LabLady

Old 01-15-2008, 01:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,813 times
Default Jefferson, South Carolina

Dear Lab Lady,

We recently purchased a "retirement home" in Jefferson, SC and totally disagree with some of the comments from the previous blogger. My husband grew up in Jefferson and it is a VERY safe and convenient place to live. Monroe, North Carolina is 25 miles away as well as Lancaster, SC. I like the fact that you still have the "small and safe town" Southern hospitality in Jefferson. I highly recommend that you go to the Golden Nugget to eat on a Thursday, Friday, Saturday evening. The food is wonderful and reasonable. Pageland, SC is 7 miles away and that is where we grocery shop. Hope this helps.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:06 AM

f18wife,

Thanks! I know we were there from just a short time and didn't really get to sight see, but what we did see, really impressed us. We have submitted a contract to the owner and hope that it goes through!

Golden Nugget sounds great!! I really fell in love with this area!

LabLady

Old 04-10-2008, 09:59 AM

26 posts, read 81,623 times
The Golden Nugget is great, my friend owns it and his sister owns Beth's in Pageland it is a great place for lunch my dad & I eat there alot.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:27 PM

4 posts, read 6,402 times
Thanks for the info on Jeff. S.C., am looking for small loan financing now for that place. Have Relatives in Pageland and Chesterfield, but loved the country. Does anyone know where i can get a small loan in the area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties