Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2008, 04:50 PM

17 posts, read 63,638 times

Advertisements

i was wondering if any1 knew of any free clinics for people w/0 medical insurance? i am not covered and i have a kidney problem stones and something called hydronephrosis , which is not very comfortable... i am not able too afford to go to the regular urologist at 200-350 a visit.....i make too much for medicaid but not enough to cover health insurance so we are considered the working poor.it is a shame that some of us work 2 jobs raising a family but can not get ins....yet then there are those WORKING the system have medical coverage get ssi on food stamps and are jobless and living the high life. any how if any1 does know of a clinic please let me know.... thank you.....L.L
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 06:03 PM

628 posts, read 2,078,779 times
Wish I could help you out however, I don't know of a free clinic. I know some doctors lower there fee for uninsured patients and if it's an emergency a hospital can't refuse you. I had no insurance for a while and it's scary! I now pay $425 a month for my wife and I. You should see if you can see your Dr. sporadically and possibly get the medication or anything else you may need. Also, some Dr.'s will take partial payments. I hope things work for you....wish I could be more help. Good luck!

Old 01-09-2008, 08:30 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
The new Bi-Lo on Cherry Road has some sort of medical clinic with nurse practitioners. From what I have read they see people without insurance. Of course having been the 'stones' route myself I don't know what they could offer you but perhaps they could point you in the right direction.

I have also heard of people without insurance going to the ER at Piedmont Medical at night for medical treatment. Piedmont Medical receives money from the York County taxpayers for indigent care and they cannot turn you away. They might give you a hard time but they have to see you.

Goodness I hate to read things like this and I see all the millions these people are spending to be elected president and we have folks with no medical care. Sad world we live in. My husband has been under the care of a urologist since November and believe me ... you are right it is very expensive.

I hope you find medical care soon.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:15 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,520,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larlan138 View Post
i was wondering if any1 knew of any free clinics for people w/0 medical insurance? i am not covered and i have a kidney problem stones and something called hydronephrosis , which is not very comfortable... i am not able too afford to go to the regular urologist at 200-350 a visit.....i make too much for medicaid but not enough to cover health insurance so we are considered the working poor.it is a shame that some of us work 2 jobs raising a family but can not get ins....yet then there are those WORKING the system have medical coverage get ssi on food stamps and are jobless and living the high life. any how if any1 does know of a clinic please let me know.... thank you.....L.L

I am sorry that you are going through this. I don't know of any clinics, perhaps the health department could help with some relief and offer you a referral? Good luck and take care.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:44 PM

174 posts, read 502,303 times
This might be a possibility: http://www.palmettofreeclinic.org They are volunteers. If not, possibly they could suggest an alternative.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:57 PM

231 posts, read 576,832 times
I used to go to a sliding scale clinic in Rock Hill when I didn't have insurance. It's called North Community Medicine Foundation. It's located at 1131 Saluda Street in Rock Hill. I usually paid about $25-40 for an office visit...I saw a nurse practitioner but they do have doctors I believe. The wait is a little long, but at least it's something. Here's the website: North Central Family Medical Center:: Community Medicine Foundation | York County South Carolina Health Clinic Good luck.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:28 AM

285 posts, read 1,020,300 times
My mother uses Palmetto Free Clinic. You have to financially qualify (poverty level I assume). But, you get truly free care, free tests, free medication, etc. Downside is I believe they are no longer accepting new patients. But, it can't hurt to call them. They are only open a couple days a week so only work for managing chronic problems, not sudden illnesses.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,748 times
i need a uroloigest for free no ins

Old 05-15-2013, 09:10 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
You could try Palmetto Volunteers in Medicine Clinic - telephone 366-6337

The are located right now across from the hospital but in the process of building a new, larger location.

Palmetto Volunteers in Medicine Clinic, Inc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties