Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2008, 07:30 PM

12 posts, read 79,546 times

Advertisements

Looking for info on the Knightsbridge subdivision in Ft. Mill. Pro's/Con's, Schools (I have 4 kids aged 7-18), etc. I found a house for sale there while searching on-line, and my wife and I are very interested in it. Coming down from New York in a couple of weeks to check out the area. The realtor I'm working with recommended this subdivision based on my preferences. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 06:28 AM

151 posts, read 570,894 times
Don't forget to spend some time in Tega Cay. We have both newly constructed, and older homes in a variety of price points. Many wonderful homes for just about every income level. Only thing we're missing is a good New York bagel shop.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:31 AM

12 posts, read 79,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatTerra View Post
Don't forget to spend some time in Tega Cay. We have both newly constructed, and older homes in a variety of price points. Many wonderful homes for just about every income level. Only thing we're missing is a good New York bagel shop.
It's funny you mentioned a Bagel shop. I just went out for bagels this morning. (A Sunday ritual at our house) That's one of the things I would miss leaving Long Island. Thanks for the feedback, I'll check into Tega Cay also.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:05 AM

98 posts, read 286,379 times
Default which house?

Which house in Knightsbridge did you see online? My wife and I went and looked at the 3 bigger ones that are for sale in there, if you want I'll tell you what I thought if it is one that you were interested in. We really liked the subdivision, seems like a lot of families and the schools in Ft. Mill are supposed to be really good. The pros I see in Knightsbridge are that the houses are bigger for your $, some wooded lots, some houses have basements, taxes are less in SC than NC.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:12 AM

285 posts, read 1,019,958 times
I live in Knightsbridge. Single parent with a 3 year old.

There seems to be a good mix of families in KB. I've seen all ages of kids. Lots of street basketball, tag football and cul-de-sac car/bike riding. The HOA is non-intrusive.

Everyone seems friendly and the homes are well kept. There is a neighborhood pool and clubhouse with a baby pool and an adjacent playground. We really enjoyed the pool this past summer. It was not too crowded so you could enjoy it. There are regular social events at the pool/clubhouse (Santa, other holidays).

There aren't many cons but there are a few things I miss. 1. More sidewalks. There is only one sidewalk that runs along Knightsbridge Road. The rest of the neighborhood has no sidewalks. 2. No walking trails. 3. Relatively narrow roads. People parking in the street can inhibit traffic. This is not a serious problem as most people pull their cars partially into the yard. (I think they are ticketed by security or the HOA for street parking). 4. Inferior playground. It is a residential style wooden swingset. No real playground, so plan on having your own. 5. No park-like area. No open space for the kids to play soccer, football, etc. No water feature/ducks, etc. There is a sliver of common area next to my yard where the kids play, but it's far from ideal.

My particular home has a 1/3 acre lot, so we have put in our own swingset and have room to play. If the home you buy out here has a "playable" yard, I doubt you'll be concerned about the cons mentioned above.

All in all, we really like the neighborhood. Do come see the home when you are down.

Good luck.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:29 AM

425 posts, read 1,570,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lean Mfg View Post
Looking for info on the Knightsbridge subdivision in Ft. Mill. Pro's/Con's, Schools (I have 4 kids aged 7-18), etc. I found a house for sale there while searching on-line, and my wife and I are very interested in it. Coming down from New York in a couple of weeks to check out the area. The realtor I'm working with recommended this subdivision based on my preferences. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin
When you come for a visit check out White Grove as well. You can see some homes on the allen tate web site Allen Tate Family of Companies just enter the neighborhood name. I forget your price range but we have a wide variety capping off at around the $325 mark but starting lower. While we do not have a pool we do have a large amount of paved walking trails, 4 acres of common open space, sidewalks throughout, tons of kids of all ages. We also have a really low HOA fee. Lots sizes are .37 to a little over a half acre. Many like mine seem much bigger because they back to open space and the walking trails. You will always spot kids outside playing and fishing in the two ponds. We also feed into one of the remaining schools that are not closed to new enrollment, so the kids get to go to school with thier neighbors.

Please PM me if you have anymore questions and I would be happy to share my experince as a fairly new transplant from PA. We have been here just 8 months and really like almost everything.

Last edited by sixinthefamily; 02-10-2008 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: missed a word

Old 02-10-2008, 05:35 PM

285 posts, read 1,019,958 times
I loved a home in White Grove and it was my first choice. I still like the look of White Grove better than Knightsbridge. But, the additional commute time across or around Fort Mill was the deal breaker. I timed it 20 minutes to I-77 without traffic. I have a 12 minute commute to Arrowood and I-485 from Knightsbridge and feel that outweighs what I passed up in White Grove. But, still, I really liked that neighborhood and that one house!

Old 02-11-2008, 06:45 AM

425 posts, read 1,570,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortMillBound View Post
I loved a home in White Grove and it was my first choice. I still like the look of White Grove better than Knightsbridge. But, the additional commute time across or around Fort Mill was the deal breaker. I timed it 20 minutes to I-77 without traffic. I have a 12 minute commute to Arrowood and I-485 from Knightsbridge and feel that outweighs what I passed up in White Grove. But, still, I really liked that neighborhood and that one house!
We first looked up toward Tega Cay but commute time decided it for us as well. My husband is lucky ( I guess) and works in Lancaster so he is traveling the opposite way of everyone else, so moving down this way took about 20 minutes off his commute. Good luck in your move it is amazing how all of a sudden things just fall into place. I truly feel like we were dropped exactly where we were meant to be.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:43 AM

4,270 posts, read 6,295,089 times
I love Knightsbridge - it's the only neighborhood I looked at when we moved down here. We originally thought we'd only be in K-bridge for a couple years until we built a house on some land that we bought a couple years ago, but have opted to stay in K-bridge for at least 5-10 years and then build. Our house and neighbors are so great there is no need to move!!

Old 02-11-2008, 01:04 PM

174 posts, read 732,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lean Mfg View Post

Thanks,

Kevin
If you guys are interested in a lakefront community on Lake Wylie, check out Sunset Point. It is a Ryan Homes community also that has the same homes as Knightsbridge. We are located about 6 miles south of Knightsbridge. We have boat storage, beach and pool. here is the website if you are interested. index.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties