Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2008, 12:25 PM

116 posts, read 430,806 times

Advertisements

Anyone know about METS broadcasts here in SC or the greater Charlotte, NC area? Any mets fans out there that can tell me something about how I can watch the games?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 02:21 PM

628 posts, read 2,079,046 times
You can buy the MLB package on Directtv...I also believe Time Warner offers a Baseball Package...Hopefully we do not repeat last years meltdown!!! We still desperatly need some middle relief....LET'S GO METS!!!!

Old 02-10-2008, 07:12 PM

116 posts, read 430,806 times
We might be moving to Tega Cay - I don't know if you can get either of those there I heard you can only get Comporium which would SUCK. I don't think the Mets will have the same outcome this year - I think last year was a fluke, and Santana will be a big boost ...he won't be wasted talent. If I can't get it, I'll have to order the games on mlb.com which will suck to watch on the computer but..OH WELL.

LET'S GO METS!!

Old 02-11-2008, 07:28 AM

474 posts, read 1,749,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsantamaria View Post
We might be moving to Tega Cay - I don't know if you can get either of those there I heard you can only get Comporium which would SUCK. I don't think the Mets will have the same outcome this year - I think last year was a fluke, and Santana will be a big boost ...he won't be wasted talent. If I can't get it, I'll have to order the games on mlb.com which will suck to watch on the computer but..OH WELL.

LET'S GO METS!!
You can't get any of the sports packages like ESPN Gameplan or MLB Extra Innings, through Comporium but you can through DirectTV. Just be sure to check with your HOA on their restrictions for a dish and be sure you have a clear line of sight for the dish, as Tega Cay is hilly and has many trees.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:45 PM

7 posts, read 20,825 times
Default Mets

I just saw your posting and couldn't believe it! I am a Mets fan currently living in Sarasota, Florida. We are trying to sell our house and are seriously considering relocating to the Charlotte area. We are currently looking at Sun City in the Fort Mill area of South Carolina .
I noticed this posting was last May, so you probably have your answer. One of the first things I did when I moved to Florida was purchase a satellite dish from Directv. Besides getting the MLB package, you can get the SNY station(Channel 625) which broadcasts all home games.

Hope that helps!

Orge113

Old 03-07-2008, 06:43 AM

193 posts, read 633,928 times
If you just can't get sporting events via the packages on DirectTV or Dish, you could try a Slingbox. These are boxes that would physically sit in a location such as the house of parents, siblings, or friends and connect to their video service such as cable or satellite. The box sends the signal over the Internet, and you can watch it on a PC either sitting at your desk or hook the PC to the TV. Slingbox also offers software that lets you watch the feed on a Palm Treo phone, and possibly others Internet-enabled devices.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:53 AM

295 posts, read 1,062,205 times
I got dish network last year and then found out they don't have the mlb plan. I had to watch my Red Sox via the computer, but it was worth it because they won it all! Now I have direct TV and I will be able to watch another great year! So stay away from Dish and Comporium.... GO SOX!

Old 09-10-2008, 01:08 PM

9 posts, read 39,717 times
MilesBFree is Right

I have the SlingBox Pro and I can watch TV
on my cell and at watch it in my work computer.

Plus, you can watch it anywhere in the world if they
have internet access for your laptop or desktop.

Everyone that loves to watch TV as much as I do
should get a SLINGBOX
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties