Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:38 PM

6 posts, read 34,571 times

Advertisements

We are moving inindian land in july. Can any body give us more info on these sub divisions( belair at carolina lakes, shelly woods, edenmore, rosemont). Like the positive and negative points which realtors won't tell us?? does any body know some good realtor for that area??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 06:21 PM

168 posts, read 481,254 times
Default I also have ?????

Hi we are relocating and in the same boat, we visited carolina/pulte and edenmoor, sun city I need some info also. They all look beautiful. Is it too good to be true.? HELP!

Old 02-10-2008, 07:35 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,769,808 times
What info are you looking for?

There are two more communities that come to mind depending on both of your price ranges?

Old 02-10-2008, 07:42 PM

6 posts, read 34,571 times
what community u are talking ? pls let me know? I am looking for info about there builders and they all look nice to me. I need help to rate them? Since I am from NY, I don't know much about the area . Things like a person living there would know better....

Old 02-10-2008, 08:23 PM

24 posts, read 78,268 times
I live in Indian Land and have been here for 20+ years . If you want to send me a direct message regarding what you are looking for I will be more than happy to assist you with a home or information about the area.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:55 PM

20 posts, read 64,379 times
I live in Belair at Carolina Lakes. So far we love it. Most of our neighbors are in the 30 to 40 something range with a lot of young kids running around and there are a couple of retired folks mixed in. We've lived there since May 07 and every neighbor we've met has been great. The pace of sales has dropped off with the rest of the nation so you can probably get some good buys now, especially on the inventory houses. The pool rocks! A massive wade pool, plenty large grown-up pool and a club house. Decent but not great playground but a big community park is supposed to go up down the road in Edenmoor sometime soon. I found the Pulte financing branch to be about 1/2 to 1 percent higher in the rates than the big banks (Countrywide, B of A, etc...).

Right now it does feel a little far out there from Charlotte (about 10 miles off I-485) but they are filling in the gaps fast and have some big stuff as far as shopping, restaurants and amenities planned for that area soon.

If you look around you'll see some mention of the gun range... I'll hear it sometimes on the weekend afternoons but never enough to be a nuisance. I'm probably biased but I really think this area has a huge upside and potential for the future with all the planned growth for that area.

Feel free to PM me w/ specific questions.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:56 AM

163 posts, read 586,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm14638 View Post
I live in Belair at Carolina Lakes. So far we love it. Most of our neighbors are in the 30 to 40 something range with a lot of young kids running around and there are a couple of retired folks mixed in. We've lived there since May 07 and every neighbor we've met has been great. The pace of sales has dropped off with the rest of the nation so you can probably get some good buys now, especially on the inventory houses. The pool rocks! A massive wade pool, plenty large grown-up pool and a club house. Decent but not great playground but a big community park is supposed to go up down the road in Edenmoor sometime soon. I found the Pulte financing branch to be about 1/2 to 1 percent higher in the rates than the big banks (Countrywide, B of A, etc...).

Right now it does feel a little far out there from Charlotte (about 10 miles off I-485) but they are filling in the gaps fast and have some big stuff as far as shopping, restaurants and amenities planned for that area soon.

If you look around you'll see some mention of the gun range... I'll hear it sometimes on the weekend afternoons but never enough to be a nuisance. I'm probably biased but I really think this area has a huge upside and potential for the future with all the planned growth for that area.

Ditto the above

Old 03-17-2008, 03:37 PM

168 posts, read 481,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm14638 View Post

HELLO,
ITS GREAT TO HEAR SOME FEEDBACK ON THAT AREA. WE WERE GOING TO PURCHASE A HOME IN THE BELAIR, WE WANTED A PLACE THAT HAD A GYM.
WE WERE THERE LAST AUGUST AND AGAIN IN OCTOBER. IT HAS REALLY BUILT UP.WE LOVE THE AREA, BUT ARE KEEPING OUR FINGERS CROSSED.

WE JUST PURCHASED IN EDENMOOR AND IT IS CLOSE TO THE GUN CLUB.
I GUESS IT ALL COMES DOWN TO WHAT YOUR PRIORITIES ARE WHEN LOOKING FOR A HOME.
GOOD LUCK SEE YOU IN JULY!!!

Old 04-13-2008, 10:40 PM

19 posts, read 70,245 times
Smile my 2 cents

Hi guys,
I just bought a home in Belair and I also searched Edenmoor very carefully. We visited every new home development in a 30 mile radius, every weekend we saw a new home for several hours...
after all that, even though my hubby works in Charlotte, we decided on Belair for these reasons:
-Indian land has low taxes because they dont' pay Ft mill taxes
-Schools are very good and with so many people moving here I'm sure they will improve greatly.
-Belair had a nice pool, and the thing with Edenmoor is that they will have 1900 residents eventually..Belair will have much much less. 1900 residents? that means all those people will be sharing your ammenities.
-Edenmoor will not be done until 7 years! that is a long time to have construction workers around your kids, nails in the roads etc...
-PUlte has a good solid reputation and the neighborhood feels cozy. I have found that people are so friendly. we are closing in May and we take the kids to the playground couple times a week and people always say hello and talk.
-lots of house for your money especially the inventory homes..there are a few out there right now take a look on the website.
-lots of kids, I have 5 that will be coming into the neighborhood very soon! and lots of people I have seen also have kids
I was not impressed with Legacy Park, which you will see has lots of homes for sale right now...it's nice, but older and the homes are crowded I think.
I also was not impressed with the homes on Saddle brook..cant think of the name of the plan, but it's right behind a car wash, kind of weird, there's not really a formal entrance to the neighborhood.

Good luck in your search, hope to see you around soon!

Old 06-09-2010, 06:38 PM

9 posts, read 17,645 times
Default Moved here from San Diego and here is my take...

We relocated here from San Diego so we can offer some decent feedback seeing we came from one of the most beautiful areas in the country. I highly recommend Bridge Mill or Rosemont. Both are located .8 mile from the Ballantyne area and the property tax rate is very low. Rosemont was originally built by McCarr builders but came to a hault in 2008. The area is extremely nice. Ryan Homes came in 2 months ago and bought the remaining unbuilt land and will be offering homes in a very affordable range and they are throwing in all the upgrades at this place. The pool is nice and it offers a nice club house and tennis courts for the kids. The HOA is only $50/Month so you get your $'s worth. Bridge Mill is 70% built and homes start at $299,000 for the smallest. The prices in this community have only gone up. It has a state of the art clubhouse with tennis and b-ball courts, sand volleyball, and a pond. The homes range up to 600"s+. The schools are decent. They are building a big (not sure if it will be a 'super' Walmart) just close to the NC border. Due to the Lancaster tax rate and location we decided to move to the area. We also liked Fox Hill but the pool cannot quite compare to BridgeMill or Rosemont. Bridge Mill is all JW Homes which is nice. We also looked at some places further South down the 521 but we decided not to go too far from the border since the grocery stores tend to decline in grade the further you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties