Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2008, 12:10 PM

2 posts, read 7,904 times

Advertisements

Hello all, just to give you a quick description of my situation. I am a single late 30s man and my company is transferring me to the Rock Hill area. I am currently living in Florence, SC. As of the 19th I am working in Rock Hill and still living in Florence. My company is putting me up in a Hotel until they get my relocation package together. Though I will be going back to Florence on the weekends to take care of my dogs, I was wondering what my options for entertainment after work during the week is. Any information would be great and please keep in mind that I am new to the area and other then my work (Bowater Mill) and my hotel (Wingate) I know nothing about the area. Just to say thanks in advance for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 12:46 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,555,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkjb View Post
Hello all, just to give you a quick description of my situation. I am a single late 30s man and my company is transferring me to the Rock Hill area. I am currently living in Florence, SC. As of the 19th I am working in Rock Hill and still living in Florence. My company is putting me up in a Hotel until they get my relocation package together. Though I will be going back to Florence on the weekends to take care of my dogs, I was wondering what my options for entertainment after work during the week is. Any information would be great and please keep in mind that I am new to the area and other then my work (Bowater Mill) and my hotel (Wingate) I know nothing about the area. Just to say thanks in advance for the help.
Plenty of things to do. And if not in Rock Hill, SC...Charlotte, NC is only 30 minutes North (straight up I-77) and has TONS of things to do!

Old 02-20-2008, 12:56 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,431,606 times
Hawk, what are you interested in? There may not be much in Rock Hill necessarily, but there is a lot close by. Are you into sports, movies, museums, outdoors etc?

Old 02-20-2008, 03:19 PM

119 posts, read 361,201 times
Well, I can say that we moved here and have found tons to do in Charlotte. Even here in Fort Mill!

Old 02-20-2008, 04:53 PM

2 posts, read 7,904 times
Thanks for the inputs, Groove to answer your question I have a wide range of interests. I was hoping to get a good idea of what variety of options are available. Some of my interests include billiards, hiking, football, volleyball. I try to keep active and always enjoy meeting new people.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:26 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,431,606 times
Quote:
Thanks for the inputs, Groove to answer your question I have a wide range of interests. I was hoping to get a good idea of what variety of options are available. Some of my interests include billiards, hiking, football, volleyball. I try to keep active and always enjoy meeting new people.
For hiking, visit the Anne Springs Close Greenway in Fort Mill. Anne Springs Close Greenway

You're only about ten minutes from it. I was just there this past weekend. There's a billiards hall on 521 very close to Hwy 160, but I don't know the name of it. This would be about 15-20 minutes from you.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:46 PM

245 posts, read 1,020,006 times
You could head a little south to Lancaster County and visit 40 Acre Rock and Hanging Rock. Both are awesome places to hike. You will be amazed at the rock formations at both locations.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:34 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,214,733 times
Quote:
Welcome to the area hawkjb -

just a couple of suggestions for entertaintment near by:

McHales (Rock Hill) McHale's On Main (there is also another McHales in Fort Mill, off of Gold Hill Rd/160)

Manchester Cinemas (Manchester Village/Rock Hill)Welcome to Consolidated Theatres (http://www.consolidatedmovies.com/location-detail.asp?theatre_id=3 - broken link)

Charanda Mexican Grill & Cantina: Charanda Mexican Grill & Cantina

Strikers Family Fun Center (Bowling): Strikers Family Sports Center

Beef O' Bradys: Beef O' Brady's Family Sports Restaurants (location in Rock Hill and Fort Mill (Baxter Village)

There is (or was) a billiards place in Rock Hill called Breakers Sports Bar & Billiards (off Anderson Rd)...but I just happen to drive by that place the other day and it didn't look like it was open (but I could be wrong).

*course there are several other sports bars around..but figured this would give you a good start

It you ever feel like venturing out a little farther here's one more:
T-Bones on Lake Wylie T-BONES STEAK HOUSE AND SALOON -- Lake Wylie, SC

~also the place that groove1 was speaking of is called Carolina Bistro & Billiards (located in Indian Land, SC)...but that may be kind of a drive for you?
Carolina Bistro & Billiard located on Hwy 521 Fort Mill, SC 803-802-3915 Check for Daily Specials

Old 02-21-2008, 07:17 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,214,733 times
Quote:
a few suggestions to keep you active around town:

Tega Cay Parks & Recreation has Adult Softball, Kickball, and Flag Football (not to mention Tennis, Golf, etc.).: Sports
Rock Hill's Park & Rec. has an Adult Softball league as well.

Ready to Kayak?: Home

Interested in Waterskiing?: Carolina Show Ski Team as the weather starts to warm up...waterski lessons will be offered

Go for a hike, (or horseback riding): as mentioned Anne Springs Close Greenway is a great place in Fort Mill

A little further out is: Landsord Canal State Park
Landsford Canal State Park

Hope that helps some!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties