Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2008, 01:28 PM

12 posts, read 41,663 times

Advertisements

10 year old daughter loves this stuff and is currently in a top 20 nationally ranked training program. Wondering if anyone has daughters in competitive cheer and any recommendations.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 03:23 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,214,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calihoopster View Post
10 year old daughter loves this stuff and is currently in a top 20 nationally ranked training program. Wondering if anyone has daughters in competitive cheer and any recommendations.

thanks
there are some here locally but....

...all the girls that I know that are into cheerleading go to Charlotte Extreme Cheerleading (located just over the SC/NC stateline)

Charlotte Extreme Cheerleading

Old 02-28-2008, 04:34 PM

30 posts, read 178,023 times
A good friend of my has her 14 y/o daughter at Charlotte All-Stars.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:07 PM

20 posts, read 64,373 times
I actually work in the allstar industry... PM me if you want more details than I provide below.

Charlotte Allstars have been around forever and have a strong Nationals rep (don't recall exactly but they've gotten a couple of Worlds bids and place top 3 i think a year or two ago). They used to dominate the region but are more likely to get top 3 placements rather than all 1st places over the last couple of years. They operate out of a gym in Matthews (corner of 51 and Monroe Rd). I'm biased here b/c my child is on a CAC team, but they are a class act and have their priorities in the right order.
Charlotte Extreme is somewhat newer but has gotten much stronger over the last couple years. Their gym is down near Carowinds.
Carolina Odyssey is technically new but the result of a merger of a couple of older programs... they've got a bunch of teams and placed well at a lot of events this year. They are up in Concord off I-85.
Victory Allstars is a smaller gym but they've been around for a while (rare in allstar cheer) and the owners are a class act. They are in Concord off I-85.
Race City Allstars are a couple of years old but the owner is awesome and they did pretty well regionally this year. They are in Mooresville off I-77.
The elephant in the corner of the room that the area gyms have been dreading is the latest Cheer Extreme expansion into Statesville. This is a new location for them but history says that they will quickly make it competitive. These guys are on par with, or above if you look strictly at competition results, Charlotte Allstars in terms of National rep and success. They are the program that people either love, or love to hate, with little in between. If winning on a National scale is your #1 priority, you have to look at these guys.

There are a number of other up and comings in the area but most of these focus on local and regional events and don't make a blip on the National scene.

Hope that helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties