Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 12:57 PM

24 posts, read 77,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNY View Post
Hello,

My wife and two kids are relocating as well from New York. We purchased and will begin building in the Ryan Homes Oakton Community (lake Wylie, SC). I think it will be a great division. There will be only 41 homesites. In addition, all lots will be heavily wooded and will not back up to any additional homes (for now). We also like that it is only 1 mile to the Buster Boyd Bridge (North Carolina Border) so we can take advantage of an easier commute, great schools and lower taxes. Please keep in mind that there will be no ammenities outside of a private/included dry boat storage, but there are plenty of pools in the area. We will be right next to a custom community called Heron Cove that have prices from 450k to 900k. I hope this helps with search. Good Luck!
My friends are also considering Oakton but were unhappy that there were no amenities. We have checked for swimming etc. in the area but were only able to find the River Hills Country Club. Can you let me know where the swimming pools are located? I would like to pass this info on to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 04:20 PM

444 posts, read 1,649,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenak View Post
My friends are also considering Oakton but were unhappy that there were no amenities. We have checked for swimming etc. in the area but were only able to find the River Hills Country Club. Can you let me know where the swimming pools are located? I would like to pass this info on to her.
Riverpointe has a pool, tennis courts, walking and the lake. Houses are in your price range off the water and some have marina slips! Also, they have parties for the children during the summer, 4th of July etc.

Better yet, it is right at the Buster Boyd Bridge.

Dunroven55

Old 03-28-2008, 06:57 PM
DNY

5 posts, read 30,956 times
The Brookmere

Old 04-07-2008, 10:39 AM

174 posts, read 732,936 times
Quote:
The Brookmere
Nice home!!! one of Ryan's new "semi custom" type homes.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:11 PM
DNY

Thank you. We are a little nervous since we are currently so far away and this is our first time building. So far the communication has been great. We have our fingers crossed.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:47 PM

444 posts, read 1,649,592 times
Quote:
Thank you. We are a little nervous since we are currently so far away and this is our first time building. So far the communication has been great. We have our fingers crossed.
We all wish you the best and I'm sure the house and Charlotte will all fall into place. Best of Luck!

Dunroven

Old 04-08-2008, 04:42 AM

146 posts, read 572,625 times
The Landing (www.thelandingonlakewylie.com) has a pool that is covered in your HOA dues. You have to join River Hills to have access to the pool. Autumn Cove and Mill Creek Falls have pools. I'm not sure about Bethelfields.

Renee

Old 04-15-2008, 06:06 PM

8 posts, read 32,823 times
Default Sad, but true.

Ryan Homes are terrible to deal with. Good luck. I have had my share of problems and still do.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:47 AM

158 posts, read 411,695 times
Hey, we're having a brookmere built in anther subdivsion in Charlotte. Hows the process going for you so far. Maybe we can compare notes

Old 05-08-2008, 07:42 PM
DNY

So far, so good. We have very nice Project Manager that has been calling every Friday (last couple of weeks). Ryan has been very responsive to our needs so far. I just hope everything is done as close to schedule as possible. We are shooting for a July delivery.

How about yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties