Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 11:18 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,302,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by periwinkle06 View Post
Help a gal out - isn't this forum the York County SC forum?
Yes, it is. It is possible the OP posted on the SC main page and it got moved to this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 11:42 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,706,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
Yes, it is. It is possible the OP posted on the SC main page and it got moved to this forum.
It was moved from the Charlotte board.

Old 04-17-2019, 11:34 AM

32 posts, read 51,864 times
I live in Fort Mill. I grew up in Fort Mill. Clover still feels like the south...just my 2 cents..

Old 04-24-2019, 06:24 AM

120 posts, read 140,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs6672 View Post
I live in Fort Mill. I grew up in Fort Mill. Clover still feels like the south...just my 2 cents..
As opposed to Fort Mill? Can you explain in what ways they're different?

Old 04-24-2019, 11:44 PM

16 posts, read 30,235 times
Thanks for the feedback
I meant Del Webb not Del Mar, which are active communities for seniors
Here's a link which explains it in detail in case you're interested: https://www.delwebb.com/homes/south-...ll-indian-land

So we've ruled out Clover based on everyone's helpful feedback.

We'll be visiting at the end of May since my granddaughter has her dance recital June 1.

Indian Land has some great homes and quite affordable. We're planning on staying in Ft. Mill, since my son in NC is about 20 minutes away.

My wife and I are looking forward to our visit, and again, thank you for your valuable feedback!
ed

Old 04-25-2019, 11:09 AM

135 posts, read 195,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edcolandra View Post
Friends that wanted to be in the Ft. Mill/Indian Land area but was out of his budget.
Looks like he's found a good deal in the town of Clover, which I had never heard of before.
And now he tells me (after looking for a year) that prices are softening in Ft. Mill, not much, but 6 months ago, the price was firm, options expensive. Now that he's moved, he's getting emails offering a discount and/or no charge options.
Now we are both 65, and his wife had heard about Del Mar sites which again were topping over his budget, but apparently had many activities to keep them busy.
Again, as a boy from Brooklyn who married a girl from Jersey, I've done research which suggests those could be fun assuming it's not a choice between knitting and golf, neither of which my wife and I enjoy.

Local feedback, please

Thanks
ed in NJ
Hey Ed, are you referring to Del Webb? Potentially Carolinas Orchards, the 55+ neighborhood in Fort Mill? Great neighborhood, great activities and amenities, very active...$/sf is pretty high when compared to similar homes in other neighborhoods, but if you're looking for the active adult lifestyle, it's great! Some others in the area to consider, Sun City Carolina Lakes in Indian Land, and Four Seasons at Gold Hill in Fort Mill.

Hope this helps!

(A boy from Jersey who married a girl from Rock Hill)

Old 04-29-2019, 03:06 AM

16 posts, read 30,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamMorrell View Post
Hey Ed, are you referring to Del Webb? Potentially Carolinas Orchards, the 55+ neighborhood in Fort Mill? Great neighborhood, great activities and amenities, very active...$/sf is pretty high when compared to similar homes in other neighborhoods, but if you're looking for the active adult lifestyle, it's great! Some others in the area to consider, Sun City Carolina Lakes in Indian Land, and Four Seasons at Gold Hill in Fort Mill.

Hope this helps!

(A boy from Jersey who married a girl from Rock Hill)
Haha: Mike is that you?
I'm a boy from Brooklyn who married a Jersey Girl after I heard that Springsteen song!

YES! Del Webb is what I (correction she) has heart set on. We have friends in Bluffton that live in one of those communities and absolutely LOVES it. Me, I like to tinker with my cars in the garage. My wife like clubs, not the golf type)

Can you be a little more specific on "pretty high"? I'm going to (next year) sell my NJ house for upwards for 1/2 a million. I'd really like to stay around that number since my mortgage is paid, and I have no debt whatsoever. Which is the better of the ones you mentioned in the price for value?

You have me very intrigued...

Thank you.
Ed

PS. No matter what size acreage I look at it all seems to be in the back. Now I like people, but it seems that even on an acre of property the houses are mighty close together, and rest of 1.4 acre, 1/3 acre or 1 acre is really BEHIND the house. Is that the footprint everywhere?

Old 04-30-2019, 04:03 PM

135 posts, read 195,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edcolandra View Post
Haha: Mike is that you?
I'm a boy from Brooklyn who married a Jersey Girl after I heard that Springsteen song!

YES! Del Webb is what I (correction she) has heart set on. We have friends in Bluffton that live in one of those communities and absolutely LOVES it. Me, I like to tinker with my cars in the garage. My wife like clubs, not the golf type)

Can you be a little more specific on "pretty high"? I'm going to (next year) sell my NJ house for upwards for 1/2 a million. I'd really like to stay around that number since my mortgage is paid, and I have no debt whatsoever. Which is the better of the ones you mentioned in the price for value?

You have me very intrigued...

Thank you.
Ed

PS. No matter what size acreage I look at it all seems to be in the back. Now I like people, but it seems that even on an acre of property the houses are mighty close together, and rest of 1.4 acre, 1/3 acre or 1 acre is really BEHIND the house. Is that the footprint everywhere?
Yes, that's me.

For example, I just helped a client close on a 1700+ sf ranch home in Carolina Lakes for $430k.

Right now there is a 1900sf home for sale in Mason's Bend for 335k. Also new, but two story instead of a ranch, and not in a 55+ neighborhood.

We just sold a 1800sf ranch home in Baxter Village for $380k....an older home (2002) but in pristine condition. And not a 55+ neighborhood, but a mixed use community with a full time social director, tons of activities, etc.

The point being - there is a premium that comes with being in a Del Webb neighborhood. There's also upside, WAY more activities than any other neighborhood around, you're surrounded by like-minded people, great resale, etc.

They're all on postage stamp lots.

Regarding the acreage, they are strict about maintaining the same streetscape in new neighborhoods...ie, it is the same distance from the street to the front of the home, typically pulled forward for the aesthetics, but also to save $ on the sewer line, water line, driveway, electric, etc.

Last edited by TeamMorrell; 04-30-2019 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old 05-02-2019, 10:17 AM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,657,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamMorrell View Post
Yes, that's me.
No it isn't .

It's a different Mike.

Old 05-03-2019, 02:51 PM

9 posts, read 8,797 times
If you'd like to have some local information mailed to you from a subdivision or from the Chamber, let me know. I'd be happy to drop something in the mail. I relocated about 12 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties