Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 10:16 AM

100 posts, read 373,622 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to let everyone know that it appears that Bellsouth is now available. I am setting up service now after moving from columbia. I was trying to set up service with Comporium and was just surfing the internet seeing if there were other options.

Anyone else found other options besides Comporium?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2007, 09:53 PM

4 posts, read 17,492 times
What is comporium? A local phone co.?

MikeS.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:22 AM

yes, it is the provider in the area. Bellsouth tells me they can do it, but haven't confirmed yet

Old 02-05-2007, 05:08 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpcarolina View Post
yes, it is the provider in the area. Bellsouth tells me they can do it, but haven't confirmed yet
Well, are choices are still pretty slim....we can choose from Comporium, Comporium, or Comporium...but at least if you are a business owner...you now have Time Warner as an option.

http://www.fortmilltimes.com/business/story/6347549p-5531552c.html (broken link)

Old 03-06-2007, 01:23 PM

11 posts, read 30,244 times
we where very unhappy with comporium, went with amariphone for longdistance for awhile (cut our bill 75%), Now we're with vonage with TW cable modem. we love it.... dropped comporium all together

Old 03-08-2007, 08:16 AM

Bellsouth cannot service Fort Mill yet.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:20 PM

116 posts, read 550,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpcarolina View Post
Bellsouth cannot service Fort Mill yet.
I spoke with them (BellSouth) last night and again today to confirm. There answer is that they most certainly can service the area and would be more than happy to come out to set us up as soon as we move in. The service rep this morning said they had heard from several sources of rumors this was not available and it most certainly is an available service. I will likely go with DirectTV + BellSouth FastAccess for internet as I do not like the channel line up of Comporium.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:52 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmD/MBA View Post
I spoke with them (BellSouth) last night and again today to confirm. There answer is that they most certainly can service the area and would be more than happy to come out to set us up as soon as we move in. The service rep this morning said they had heard from several sources of rumors this was not available and it most certainly is an available service. I will likely go with DirectTV + BellSouth FastAccess for internet as I do not like the channel line up of Comporium.

Uhhh?...Bellsouth told Sharpcarolina the same thing prior to his move...but as you can see (according to what he wrote today) he found out differently once he was in place.

Wish you luck though!

Old 03-08-2007, 08:23 PM

116 posts, read 550,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
Wish you luck though!
Thanks, I will keep my fingers crossed. It would not be the first time a service rep was wrong. From what I have heard of Comporium, I would prefer not to have to deal with them at all. I do have a question about Comporium/Bellsouth. I noticed the following on Comporium's website: "Comporium, in partnership with Cingular Wireless, works to provide you with the wireless solution to meet your ever-changing needs."

Cingular is now partnered with BellSouth as part of the "New AT&T" that all the commercials are touting. How is this going to work out if the two (Comporium and BellSouth) are going to compete for telephone/internet services in the same areas? If they do will the new AT&T continue to let comporium advertise their products?

Old 03-09-2007, 04:22 AM

474 posts, read 1,748,787 times
Not too long ago I read that Bellsouth was available in Fort Mill, but for business services only - no residential yet. I'll see if I can find the article and post later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties