Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2022, 01:38 PM

104 posts, read 108,010 times

Advertisements

I was priced out of there back in 2020. The prices are going through the roof, I don't know why just as many people moving to more affordable Rock Hill. It's actually starting to lose population for the first time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2022, 07:01 AM

686 posts, read 804,768 times
Schools have a good reputation, FM has the popular/trendy reputation right now, less crime, overall, the perception is that its just a better place to raise a family. IMO, it is an insanely expensive overpriced area now and all the new construction homes look the same and the build quality stinks.

Since we do not use the Public schools(we don't think they are any different) we are considering buying in York or Lancaster because we are tired of HOA communities, living on top of neighbors, and overall, FM has turned into an obnoxious superficial area. Plus it is so busy and the continues to grow with little to no infrastructure. Even the new Pennies for progress projects wont address the traffic problems now and what is to come.

Last edited by Familyman6; 08-23-2022 at 07:44 AM..

Old 08-25-2022, 03:32 PM

104 posts, read 108,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyman6 View Post
Schools have a good reputation, FM has the popular/trendy reputation right now, less crime, overall, the perception is that its just a better place to raise a family. IMO, it is an insanely expensive overpriced area now and all the new construction homes look the same and the build quality stinks.

Since we do not use the Public schools(we don't think they are any different) we are considering buying in York or Lancaster because we are tired of HOA communities, living on top of neighbors, and overall, FM has turned into an obnoxious superficial area. Plus it is so busy and the continues to grow with little to no infrastructure. Even the new Pennies for progress projects wont address the traffic problems now and what is to come.
I was ranting about it on reddit but I got **** on to the brim

Old 08-26-2022, 09:11 AM
NDL

4,516 posts, read 5,642,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyIsAPoser View Post
I was priced out of there back in 2020. The prices are going through the roof, I don't know why just as many people moving to more affordable Rock Hill. It's actually starting to lose population for the first time
Fort Mill has a reputation of being swanky, and her schools are highly regarded.

Rock Hill has a reputation of being borderline redneck; (that's not my perception, but...). Her schools don't have the reputation that Fort Mill's schools have. Again...this is not my perception, but the perception of others.

I am glad that RH is losing population: the area is built out enough.

Old 08-27-2022, 07:13 AM

135 posts, read 195,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyIsAPoser View Post
Are you saying that Rock Hill is losing population? Could you please share the data source? I'm in real estate and I'm seeing more interest in Rock Hill than ever. I know that personally I sold last year in Fort Mill to move to Rock Hill and get out of the fray a bit onto some land and know of many other people that have done the same.

From 2000 to 2022 - Rock Hill has gone from 49.8k to 76k
From 2000 to 2022 - Fort Mill has gone from 7.6k to 27.2k

So Fort Mill is definitely growing exponentially faster, but they're both growing remarkably fast.

And, in short, it's the schools. If Rock Hill had fantastic schools, the population would be 150k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties