Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2008, 06:13 PM

56 posts, read 173,722 times

Advertisements

So after missing the garbage truck last week, we were in *dire* need of pickup this week (read: 7 month old baby). I got up extra early, and hopped in the shower quick. As I was getting dressed, I heard the garbage truck pass on by, at about 7:15 am. Garbage can still in my garage.

Refusing to admit the reality of another week of an extremely ripe garbage can in my garage, I wheeled it out to the curb with a hope and a prayer. At 3:30pm, however, my wife calls and informs me that all hope was abandoned for a pickup today as people were already putting their cans away, and she wheeled the foul thing back into the garage.

Here's the "wow" part.

30 minutes later, there was a ring at the door. My wife answered, and it was the lady who drives the garbage truck. She that she noticed that we missed her earlier, and thought she'd stop by after her route to see if we would like her to take care of it. My wife said something like "YES YES YES", did a little fist pump, and opened the garage door. The nice lady noticed that my wife was holding a baby, so she took it upon herself to wheel our garbage can out to the curb herself, jumped in the truck, and dumped it for us.

I don't know about you, but that's the kind of service I really don't expect from a garbage company. We don't even pay a bill - it's included in our relatively modest taxes. I'm new to the neighborhood. So between that, and having one of the local cops stopping by just to welcome me to the neighborhood, I really think I'm going to like it here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 06:24 PM

119 posts, read 361,171 times
Wow!

Old 09-22-2008, 08:29 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,898,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by init View Post
I don't know about you, but that's the kind of service I really don't expect from a garbage company. We don't even pay a bill - it's included in our relatively modest taxes. I'm new to the neighborhood. So between that, and having one of the local cops stopping by just to welcome me to the neighborhood, I really think I'm going to like it here
As the Chicago song goes, "Only the Beginning"...

Welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties