Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2008, 07:37 PM

14 posts, read 45,780 times

Advertisements

My partner and i have been looking for a place to call home for some time. We currently live in florida but are ready to leave. We have checked out many cities including atlanta, charlotte, portland, raleigh and bowling green. We want this to be our last move for a very very long time so we want to get it right. We contacted a realtor in chester south carolina as we liked the look of communities and proximity to charlotte but were told that it was an area of nearly 80% african american. Personally, i dont care, we are a gay couple and are accepting of anyone but we were told that we would have great difficulty in that area because we are white and because we are gay. Any insight into this....is it true or just a realtor wanting to sell us a house somewhere else. Thanks for your information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 01:58 PM

161 posts, read 529,287 times
Your realitor not only lied, but he/she probably also broke federal law and professional ethics. Chester County is 60% white and 38% African AMerican. The city of Chester is 62% white and 37% African American.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:54 PM

14 posts, read 45,780 times
thanks for the info...he wasnt my realtor, just one we called on a home for sale. Looks like an amaing area

Old 11-10-2008, 04:04 PM

2 posts, read 4,673 times
Maybe you should check out Asheville NC. Very nice city .....has an alternative side also
Easy to see what I mean if you are there during Belle Shaire
Good Luck!!!

Old 11-10-2008, 04:17 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Asheville is an amazing city and has a large GLBT population but housing there is VERY expensive.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:07 PM

2 posts, read 4,673 times
check out [URL="http://www.romanticasheville.com"]www.romanticasheville.com[/URL]
and the correct speilling is Bele Cher
you can probably check it out from the above link
Best Wishes!

Old 11-11-2008, 10:05 AM

174 posts, read 502,303 times
As a musician, I have seen a cross section of bars/lounges in York/Chester/Lancaster counties, and I have seen the most lifestyle diversity and acceptance of same in Rock Hill/Fort Mill.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:42 AM

151 posts, read 571,079 times
I'm torn. We moved our family to the Carolina's in pursuit of a conservative lifestyle in which to raise our 2 young children where a parent couple is a man and a woman. Some will say we are old fashioned in our thinking, but that's ok. I would think that CA or MA would be more accepting of your lifestyle. Best of luck!

Old 11-26-2008, 05:29 PM

49 posts, read 211,141 times
someone sounds homophobic.....Im not gay but have lived next to gay couples good sense of humor, very clean,great taste in decorating and own some great resturants, Oh by the way they wont molest your kids...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties