Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 07:13 PM

24 posts, read 78,631 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,
Need a little help. We just got a contract on a house in Baxter Village and need to arrange an inspection. I want a detailed, thorough inspector that will take his/her time and document with pictures. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 07:34 PM

45 posts, read 194,626 times
I used inspector paul and was really happy with his work. He found several issues that would have cost me a boat load in the long term. His website is WWW.INSPECTORPAUL.COM

Old 10-02-2008, 09:37 PM

187 posts, read 549,226 times
I was quite happy with Mark at A Rock Solid Inspection (http://arocksolidhomeinspection.homecheck.com/). He did both my pre-drywall and final, and was very thorough -- almost too much so! Good luck!

Old 10-03-2008, 08:09 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,550,121 times
I was very happy with Amerispec when I used them; they really do a detailed inspection. I used one fellow I would *not* recommend but you can PM me to get his name - I won't blast anyone publicly.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:30 AM

17 posts, read 38,444 times
A builder rep told me that BA King Home Inspections did the most thorough inspection he had ever seen in many years of building in the area. Said it took his subs a few days to make corrections but it was better than dealing with the problems later. Bruce King is the inspector and owner, website is www.bakinghomeinspections.com

Old 11-06-2008, 03:54 AM
CVP

581 posts, read 1,904,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorhigh View Post
I used inspector paul and was really happy with his work. He found several issues that would have cost me a boat load in the long term. His website is WWW.INSPECTORPAUL.COM

We also used Inspector Paul and thought he did a great job.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:35 PM

35 posts, read 152,636 times
I used Paul also. Good but missed about $30k bad work. He used binoculars to look on the roof. He missed the fact that there was no flashing. If he had gone on the roof he would have found. Why didn't he not the 14 (white) wire on 20 amp (yellow) service. Really obvious. The wire in the crawl space was supported by duct work.

I strongly recommend you look elsewhere.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:57 PM

3 posts, read 7,116 times
Strange post, "good but missed @ 30k"? Did you ever contact the inspector, ask them to come back out, what was their response? You do not need to go on the roof to see flashing. Very few SC licensed home inspectors go on roofs, the SC standards of practice say walking on roofs is "prohibited".

Old 04-18-2009, 06:46 AM

17 posts, read 42,084 times
Default Another vote for Bruce King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan McKenzie View Post
Hello Everyone,
Need a little help. We just got a contract on a house in Baxter Village and need to arrange an inspection. I want a detailed, thorough inspector that will take his/her time and document with pictures. Any suggestions?

Just finished a pre dry-wall inspection by Bruce King. Very through inspection, carefully documented. Only seven really minor things that were quickly made right. E-mailed report immediately after inspectiion.

We will have a final inspection just before closing sometime in mid-June. Hopefully this inspection will be as though and with as few things to be addressed.

Best of luck in your new home.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:03 AM

35 posts, read 152,636 times
Default Update on Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottenative01 View Post
Strange post, "good but missed @ 30k"? Did you ever contact the inspector, ask them to come back out, what was their response? You do not need to go on the roof to see flashing. Very few SC licensed home inspectors go on roofs, the SC standards of practice say walking on roofs is "prohibited".
No I did not contact him. The SC standards are stupid then. A ladder would have allowed him t check. If he could not properly inspect he should have told us so we could get an independent roofer to inspect. On another note I wonder how he could have missed the absence of bathroom vent duct in our home.

I see he is now doing mold abatement. And still fills his website with "glowing" reports from satisfied customers.

No I still cannot recommend him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties