Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2008, 10:21 AM

14 posts, read 44,979 times

Advertisements

I've recently relocated to Fort Mill and am beginning the search for new medical professionals. Can anyone recommend a good dentist in the area? If so, is there a particular hygienist in that practice who cleans teeth exceptionally well? I'm willing to travel out of my way for a good hygienist.

Also, I would like to visit an orthodontist (for me). I've already had the braces taken off, but I have permanent retainers on both my top and bottom teeth. I'm paranoid about them breaking and my teeth shifting. Is there an orthodontist in the area who will treat adult patients, especially ones who only need post-orthodontia care and maintenance?

Thanks for any and all help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 08:24 PM

396 posts, read 977,490 times
Smiles by Design is awesome. Dr. BriAnna Schraw is wonderful. Very sweet personality and very talented. She does EVERYTHING right in her office, including crowns in ONE day. She replaced all of my old fillings and I had a half crown done there. No pain and she is very fast and very caring.

I too used to wear braces. I have a permanent retainer that popped off after 20-some years. I went to Dr. Epps who has an office in Baxter Village (just across from Smiles by Design) and he has an office in Rock Hill. He is awesome as well. My first visit with him was free and he only charged me around $50 to replace the permanent piece. I'm going to send my little one to him when the time comes.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:52 PM

2 posts, read 4,831 times
Has anyone tried Carolina Dental Associates at the corner of Tom Hall and Dobey's Bridge? It's really close to our new house but we didn't see anything posted about it. Thanks!

Old 12-29-2008, 10:29 AM

225 posts, read 689,980 times
As far as family dentistry, I recommend Dr. Tommy Kakouras, his office is located on South Tyron, off of Carowinds Blvd. (across from the FATZ restaurant). He is extremely professional and very comforting to his patients.
His web page is Charlotte North Carolina, Dentists, Tommy Kakouras and Melissa Helms

For an orthodontist, I recommend Jeffrey F. West, D.D.S., M.D.
I was referred to him over 2 years ago and have been a patient of his ever since. He has two hygienist working, at this office and both do an excellent job and are very gentle. His web site is Charlotte Periodontics - Jeffrey F. West, DDS, PA - Charlotte, NC

I know these are not in the immediate area, but I believe certain things are worth a little traveling for. Good luck.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:10 PM

841 posts, read 2,476,793 times
It's probably a little too late to post this reply, but I take my daughter to Dr. Sellers. They do adults there too. His office is very clean and organized. The staff there are all very professional, too. He is located on Carmel Road in Charlotte. He's about 10 minutes or so from the Ballantyne area on Rt. 521.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties