Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2009, 10:17 AM

193 posts, read 634,069 times

Advertisements

Usually the recycling is picked up the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month.

However, today the "news" sign at the entrance of Tega Cay says it will be picked up today.

Is this a one-time change in pickup?

Or have they gone to a different schedule?

Or is the sign wrong?

Nothing on the tegacaysc.org web site about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 06:16 PM

56 posts, read 173,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesBFree View Post
Usually the recycling is picked up the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month.

However, today the "news" sign at the entrance of Tega Cay says it will be picked up today.

Is this a one-time change in pickup?

Or have they gone to a different schedule?

Or is the sign wrong?

Nothing on the tegacaysc.org web site about this.
We've forgotten the last 3 pickups, so this time we proudly had our can out there ready and waiting. Of course, they never showed up. So I wheeled my full can back into the garage this evening. Ugh! -- Someone must have forgotten to take down the sign. When they go to put it up next week, boy are they in for a surprise!

The admin office is right next to the sign - you'd think someone would have noticed

Old 02-02-2009, 06:45 AM

OK, a new and interesting twist - they picked up on Saturday, not Friday.

So now it appears they have not only changed the weeks of the month on which they collect, but the day of the week too.

It was much easier when they had a set schedule instead of having to remember to check the sign board as I drive by.

So the question now becomes, do they pick up this Friday or not? Under the old schedule, the answer would have been yes since this is the first Friday of the month. I am guessing they will have to change this as well since the last Saturday of the month and the first Friday of the month means that there will be about a week or less between these pickups. And almost a month between the next ones.

I think this might require a call to the town...

Old 02-06-2009, 07:55 AM

OK, there is indeed a new schedule.

It is every other Friday, instead of the old 1st and 3rd Friday of the month schedule.

That will help, as every other Friday adds a few extra pick-ups over the old schedule. Our recycling bin was always overflowing. Hopefully it will not overflow any more.

So mark your calendars or set your PDAs to every other Friday.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,103 times
ok.....when is the next pick up?

If we did not pay our water bills, it would be turned off. Perhaps I should leave my recycling at the administration office.

Then it will be scheduled and info would be delivered to us in the appropriate manner.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:53 AM

The next pickup is this Friday (February 13, 2009). It will be every other Friday after that according to what the person at the town offices told me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties