Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2009, 12:43 PM

17 posts, read 42,132 times

Advertisements

We are about to move to SunCity Carolina Lakes and would like to find a VA cllinic or hospital nearby. I've been a volunteer at the Tampa hospital for some time and would like to continue to do this.

I've also used the VA hospital and found that the care is the equal of any large city's hospital.

Looking forward to your replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 02:22 PM

153 posts, read 474,443 times
Let me welcome you to the Indian Land area !

The two closest V.A. facilities with the level of services as the James A. Haley Medical Center in Tampa would be in Columbia, S.C., and Salisbury, N.C. The Columbia facility is about 75 minutes to the south. The Salisbury facility might be 90 minutes to our north - depending on the time of day.

Much closer to us are V.A. clinics in Rock Hill (near Piedmont Medical Center), and the northeast side of Charlotte. I would recommend the Rock Hill location, simply based on the ease of getting there (15-20 minute drive).

Once you get settled in, you should be able to get more information about volunteering at the Rock Hill clinic by calling (803) 366-4848. The clinic is open during the daytime Monday through Friday.

Thank you for helping the veterans in Tampa. My father receives medical care for his service-related disability at James A. Haley.

I have had the pleasure of taking him to his appointments there, and have witnessed how well the volunteers help expedite the appointment process, assist patients in the main waiting area who have questions or needs, and help veterans navigate the facility.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:52 PM

17 posts, read 42,132 times
Default VA in Indian Land

Jeff,

Thanks for your quick reply. I'll check out the clinic in Rock Hill when we arrive. If all goes well, meaning the house in FL is sold, we'll move by July.

Todd

Old 04-01-2009, 10:47 AM

153 posts, read 474,443 times
Todd,

Let me also mention another way you might consider to help veterans with medical needs.

The organizations that operate the shuttle vans to take veterans to their appointments at V.A. facilities are always in need of volunteers. There are some requirements the drivers need to meet to drive the vans provided by the V.A. I believe those volunteers drive once every two weeks, and are provided a lunch during their trips.

If nothing works out with regards to voluntering with the V.A., I can promise you that you will not be idle once you settle in at Sun City. There is a club or activity for everyone who lives there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties