Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 08:12 AM

348 posts, read 1,360,453 times

Advertisements

I think it has potential...Hard to judge by the first weekend. We went on Sunday at about 10:30 (opening supposed to be at 11) .
I say give it time and it should be OK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 06:54 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,544,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sal707 View Post
Behind the Lowe's off hwy 160.
THank you, I finally found it when I read Charlottes newspaper.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:23 PM

474 posts, read 1,748,960 times
Not sure who is responsible for this - Ft. Mill, the County or State, but someone didn't do their due diligence on the traffic impact this place would have on 160. Just drove through there at 1:15 and traffic is backed up from I-77 almost to the Peach Stand. Of course it doesn't help when clowns get caught in the middle of intersections when the light changes, so the people on the I-77 ramps can't get off....

Old 07-31-2009, 02:57 PM

116 posts, read 430,619 times
I found the traffic to be insane also. I went inside the market twice and wasn't incredibly impressed with what I found either, but I'm gonna give it some time. I was considering having a booth in there as well but I wonder if it would even be worth it. Even if someone winds up putting something decent in there, if word of mouth gets around that there's only crap - it certainly won't help lol.

there's a guy in there selling amish furniture. the place that sells dip seems to do pretty good. They are continuing to expand to make room for more vendor booths on the far end of the facility. The guy in there selling Gino's Italian Ices is from dyker heights, brooklyn - he's the real deal but his ices are expensive. still worth it @ 2.25 a cup though.

There's a guy selling crappy DVDs and old VHS tapes - he's got a rather large booth though I guess he is doing ok for now. Too many people selling cell phone accessories so before you buy something for your phone there - make sure you look around and compare prices it will give you the option to haggle a little bit.

There's an ATM machine inside but it's generic, not from a bank so you're gonna get charged a stupid fee if you use it. Some booths take debit or credit but most is just cash so bring some.

One booth is simply selling sweet tea but it's INCREDIBLE!!! It's called Carolina Breeze and they did a nice job bottling it and labeling it. It costs 2 bucks a bottle and it's delicious I highly recommend it.

Something tells me the food vendors will do well in there. Not the farmer's market so much as the outdoor food vendors is what I mean. I honestly hadn't checked the prices of the produce at the farmer's market.

There's just not enough variety yet the place needs to be spiced up a little. There's quite a variety of ethnic people doing the vending but there's just not enough originality to the items to keep my interest for very long.

You can score BIG TIME on socks, hats, underwear and bras though. lol

There's a nicely laid out AVON booth...

Old 08-04-2009, 09:57 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,320,362 times
Bras? So that's where all those Victoria's Secret bras are??

Old 08-09-2009, 04:28 PM

116 posts, read 550,895 times
Okay so it is beyond the novelty of the first couple of weekends and I thought traffic would get better by now but WOW! I live near Baxter and afternoon traffic, even with the 3 state troopers controlling lights is horrific. I have to wonder if it is affecting business at the BP and the CHic-fil-A. You can get in easy enough but getting out is a disaster.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:40 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,826,415 times
Went the first weekend it opened and bought 2 nice Black Night Butterfly bushes from the gal right before you walk inside. She gave me a good price for 2. So far so good, the butterflies are happy.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:39 AM

151 posts, read 570,865 times
I miss the swap meets I attended as a child, now that was great junk! This place indeed did feel like Plaza Fiesta. I was hopeful that the stuff would be unique. Oh well.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:25 PM

1 posts, read 4,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uber_bwnage View Post
I went. Wasn't impressed...been to better flea markets. Just booths of junk.
More JUNK there then anything went there 3rd week after they opened that place will not last just junk when they start selling mary-K at the flea market you know they dont care what kind of venders they get.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:36 PM

23 posts, read 71,138 times
Is it just me, or does the Trader Marc's brand seem a lot like the Trader Joe's brand? (adventurer/trader feel, quirky sales copy)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties