Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 05:18 PM

7 posts, read 22,837 times

Advertisements

Me and my brand new husband went on our honeymoon to SC to find a new place to call home, we liked Millcrest park and Palmetto Place. he will be working at Charlotte airport. I liked that Millcrest was newer, we liked phase 1 bankston 2 bdrm, we liked Palmetto place too, but have heard mixed reviews on this board about it. we are also wondering about the water bills, we know Palmetto has a flat fee for water. wondering what that might be and the difference of fees between palmetto vs millcrest, and also the trash pickup fees, so really wondering what does rent REALLy end up being with all the different fees etc,. also wondering, we are looking to move soon and with a daughter are we able to move her into the new school at this time of year? Ideally Ide like to wait until school is out but my husband is transfering soon. I know Millcrest is PLeasent knoll elementary but what district is palmetto? please feel free to email me any info at jujewbeans2000@aol.com and Ill be checking back here often,. TIA!
Beth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 06:54 PM

5 posts, read 17,480 times
Have had and visited friends at both and would say Millcrest hands down if I had to choose one to live at. There is also another newer place up near 77 before car dealerships...but no idea what name of it is (sorry!) Maybe someone else will see this and post the name of it. I know of several poeple who have had bad experiences with Palmetto Place...so would steer clear!

Old 04-18-2010, 09:30 PM

143 posts, read 304,900 times
when we moved down we stayed at palmetto place for the first year, we are now renting a town home. we had no problems what so ever with our experience. the kids there would go to gold hill, but there is an enrollment freeze.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:49 PM

we went there yesturday to show our daughter and decided defintely on Millcrest, she would go to PLeasant Knoll, I have already spoken to them, we had fun yesturday just exploring the town, and I am terrible with directions, and streets, all I know is that 77 is the hwy, s is 485, 160 is where Millcrest is ...I think and then theres gold hill rd. we went to "downtown" and met some super nice people, we went furniture shopping , It was fun, and it was so GREEn down there! I cant wait to move down there!.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:32 PM

143 posts, read 304,900 times
yea, we never really came down to go apt hunting. our sister in-law did some looking around for us and we just picked Palmetto Place based on the floor plans. Looking back, I probably would have picked Millcrest. Palmetto is such a pain getting in and out of with the hill and busy traffic on 160. our daughter attends Pleasant Knoll and loves. we are in the subdivision neighboring Millcrest in Waterstone. welcome to fort mill! where are you coming from?

Old 04-26-2010, 01:48 PM

Thanks mcdades, we are coming from Rhode Island, my husband works for US airways so we are fortunate enough to come down for the day to just check things out. we have been down there twice, once to pick a community., it was between Bromley village, Palmetto Place and Millcrest, its fuinny because by the looks of things online I was set on Bromely, but once we checked it out in person , we were like no way, it just looked I dont know, boring, I guess, no landscaping etc, and the rent was cheaper at Millcrest, I liked Millcrest better because it was newer, and so close to everything. I know where Waterstone is, we passed it a few times going around and around checking out the neighborhood. Im looking forward to moving, not looking forward to the humidity though!
Beth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties