Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 08:58 PM

654 posts, read 1,211,354 times

Advertisements

After reading through the many responses here, most of which have nothing to do with Obama, some things have become quite clear:

1) It is racist to want to preserve American culture.
2) Sticking by ones ideals of liberty and limited government is naive.
3) Flocking to an unaccomplished politician as if he were the Messiah because he is skilled at reading vague, lofty platitudes off of a teleprompter is enlightened.
4) Freedom of speech is only acceptable if it is the right kind of speech.
5) Never question the achievements and abilities of His Holy Name unless you are willing to face personal attacks from His disciples.

That about covers it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 09:06 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,762,562 times
Don't forget Rupert Murdoch's pledged support! You're welcome Obama! I would vote for a turd sandwich before I voted for McCain.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:07 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,444,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Don't forget Rupert Murdoch's pledged support! You're welcome Obama! I would vote for a turd sandwich before I voted for McCain.
Ewww!

Old 06-07-2008, 09:11 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,857,057 times
Quote:
so if you vote against the turd sandwich, you are obviously are voting in the giant douche.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
so if you vote against the turd sandwich, you are obviously are voting in the giant douche.
And I was just about to suggest your misomania was futile... that's a funny one. You DO SERVE A PURPOSE!!!

YouTube - giant douche v turd sandwich

Old 06-07-2008, 09:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,465,558 times
very important mccain does not take the white house. if he does 1st act will be to declare he is commander and chief and absolved of any accountability for anything for the next 8 years, just like george. station comin up get off this train.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
And I was just about to suggest your misomania was futile... that's a funny one. You DO SERVE A PURPOSE!!!

YouTube - giant douche v turd sandwich
so we share a love of south park! we aren't so different.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
so we share a love of south park! we aren't so different.
And we're both libertarians at heart, yet you antagonize me.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:25 AM

Quote:
And we're both libertarians at heart, yet you antagonize me.
that's not because I dislike you, it's more because I'm a jerk. not really though.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:24 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,465,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fp1978 View Post
A thank you letter

As your future President I want to thank my supporters, for your mindless support of me, despite my complete lack of any legislative achievement, my pastor's relations with Louis Farrakhan and Libyan dictator Moamar Quadafi, or my blatantly leftist voting record while I present myself as some sort of bi-partisan agent of change.

I also like how my supporters claim my youthful drug use and criminal behavior somehow qualifies me for the Presidency after 8 years of claiming Bush's youthful drinking disqualifies him. Your hypocrisy is a beacon of hope shining over a sea of political posing.

I would also like to thank the Kennedy's for coming out in support of me. There's a lot of glamour behind the Kennedy name, even though JFK started the Vietnam War, his brother Robert illegally wiretapped Martin Luther King, Jr. and Teddy killed a female employee with whom he was having an extra marital affair and who was pregnant with his child. And I'm not going anywhere near the cousins, both literally and figuratively.

And I'd like to thank Oprah Winfrey for her support. Her love of meaningless empty platitudes will be the force that propels me to the White House.

Americans should vote for me, not because of my lack of experience or achievement, but because I make people feel good. Voting for me causes some white folk to feel relieved of their imagined, racist guilt.

I say things that sound meaningful, but don't really mean anything because Americans are tired of things having meaning. If things have meaning, then that means you have to think about them.

Americans are tired of thinking. It's time to shut down the brain, and open up the heart. So when you go to vote, remember, don't think, just do. And do it for me.

Thank You, My Fellow Americans,

Barack Obama
Intelligent Obama supporters not only laugh at this "non-fact" based joke letter but most of all, laugh at you. It's easier to trash the person you don't support as you go to great lengths constructing a letter to trash someone instead of using your intelligence to write something positive about the person you do support. It's both sad and pathetic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections