Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 04:08 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,681,743 times

Advertisements

I've noted that some users have colored headers on their post. I this something new or just being tried out? It sure looks nice.

Anyone else notice this??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 04:10 PM

61,721 posts, read 87,123,005 times
^^^ where?? Link??

Old 01-04-2012, 04:36 PM

This thread ,selected at random, has one post (#10) that has a colored headers. No other post in that thread has a colored header.

Contamination......

This seems to be user related since I've noted that not all members have colored headers so that kinda makes me think that it might be an experiment.

I waited to ask hoping some other member might ask about it but none have so I'm not sure that "PC" computers can see it since I run Mac's.

I don't know. Just wondering......

Old 01-04-2012, 04:50 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,429,588 times
PC user here. Header looks perfectly ordinary.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:26 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
This thread ,selected at random, has one post (#10) that has a colored headers. No other post in that thread has a colored header.

Contamination......

This seems to be user related since I've noted that not all members have colored headers so that kinda makes me think that it might be an experiment.

I waited to ask hoping some other member might ask about it but none have so I'm not sure that "PC" computers can see it since I run Mac's.

I don't know. Just wondering......
I have a theory that you may be referring to the greenish color that appears over a poster's name if they have befriended one of your CD friends. Does the poster have "friend of (insert user name) - befriend" under their name? If so, then you and that poster have a mutual friend in common. As an example, underneath your username, I see that you are friends with user Macrina, whom I'm also friends with and you have a greenish hue over your username. Other posters may not see this if they are not friends with any of your contacts.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:32 PM

Define headers... because we don't see anything colorful in post #10. Except what is mentioned by Chatteress ...
Chatteress has many colorful icons under her user name

maybe you meant... fonts? Like those??

Old 01-04-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Define headers... because we don't see anything colorful in post #10. Except what is mentioned by Chatteress ...
Chatteress has many colorful icons under her user name

maybe you meant... fonts? Like those??
No, sorry. If you look at post #5 in this thread all should see ,from left to right, in the space where the users name is a fading light lime green to a nice pretty blue the rest of the way over to the right. All other user headers are black text with white background.

Like I said, not all user headers are colored just certain ones and it's not the icons or the stars.

Oh well, I was just curious so it's not a big deal. Thanks

Old 01-04-2012, 07:23 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
No, sorry. If you look at post #5 in this thread all should see ,from left to right, in the space where the users name is a fading light lime green to a nice pretty blue the rest of the way over to the right. All other user headers are black text with white background.

Like I said, not all user headers are colored just certain ones and it's not the icons or the stars.

Oh well, I was just curious so it's not a big deal. Thanks
The icons indicate certain features which a user has, such as a profile picture, member has blog entries, and other features. Put your mouse pointer and it should tell you what each icon means.

Rich

Old 01-04-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I have a theory that you may be referring to the greenish color that appears over a poster's name if they have befriended one of your CD friends. Does the poster have "friend of (insert user name) - befriend" under their name? If so, then you and that poster have a mutual friend in common. As an example, underneath your username, I see that you are friends with user Macrina, whom I'm also friends with and you have a greenish hue over your username. Other posters may not see this if they are not friends with any of your contacts.
Hmmmm......upon closer reading of your post I started seeing the color when I befriended Macrina before that time I had no friends.

This could be why I see what I see now. I know when it comes to this friend thing and other social skills I'm a complete newbie.

Folks thanks for your time. I doubt that this inquiry is worth anymore of your time so "elnina", what say we close this?

Old 01-04-2012, 07:50 PM

I think I solved the puzzle:
scroll down the page and see (the very bottom left ) - are you using " default style beige" chosen from
the "Quick style chooser" option??
I guess, I didn't see what you were talking about, because I use the "default style" only...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum