Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 04:03 PM

14,531 posts, read 20,802,272 times

Advertisements

I've read the blog rules, and I wish to post a message about a bogus account and profile that has been created on another site (falsifying myself and pretending to be me)
How can I present this on my blog, as it's content is totally false, and may have been created by one or more persons who are members of that site, or other sites, as well as CD?
I have members of CD who respect me for my efforts, and comments, and questions, and I want to alert them of the phony profile. I do not want to post a link, just reference the bogus profile.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 04:53 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,963,193 times
Drawing more attention to this issue may make it worse altogether. I would not want to give acknowledgement that it’s a problem. It may not be a wise choice to even identity the other site if it’s similar to CityData with blogs and forums.

IMHO

Old 09-08-2012, 06:12 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,970,159 times
When someone used my user name on another site, I created an account as SouthernBelleinUtah2 on that site just to say that SBiU was not the mod on CD, I was. In my case, I believe it was simply anouther Southern woman in UT who just happened to create the same user name on another site.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum