Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2013, 11:44 AM

22 posts, read 58,775 times

Advertisements

Great forum -- informative, current, entertaining, expressive, etc., etc.

But whenever I post I cannot find my post and answers and comments thereto. To find your post, you have to do a lot of fishing, trial-error searching. For example, after posting this, I probably won't be able to find it again unless I want to go to a lot of trouble. Or maybe there is a quick and sensible way to find posts ... that you have posted?

What's the secret? Where's the magic button?

Thanks

Cíao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 11:49 AM

13,751 posts, read 10,106,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
Great forum -- informative, current, entertaining, expressive, etc., etc.

But whenever I post I cannot find my post and answers and comments thereto. To find your post, you have to do a lot of fishing, trial-error searching. For example, after posting this, I probably won't be able to find it again unless I want to go to a lot of trouble. Or maybe there is a quick and sensible way to find posts ... that you have posted?

What's the secret? Where's the magic button?

Thanks

Cíao
You can just click on your username at the to top-left of you post, the scroll down list has; Find all posts by Poinciana, click it.

OR.

Click on your username at the top right corner of this page, (next to Welcome), click statistics (next to visitor messages and about me), under the graph is; Find all posts by Poinciana. Click it.

Last edited by BECLAZONE; 02-08-2013 at 12:00 PM..

Old 02-08-2013, 12:01 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,323,138 times
Type your username in the above box "search forums" and it should take you to your posts.

Once you get used to it, it isn't hard to find what you are looking for. I know that when I was a newbie, I had no idea how to do any searches, etc. That is why I think I have empathy for those newbies that ask questions before searching...I did the same.

Vicki

Old 02-08-2013, 01:35 PM

22 posts, read 58,775 times
Thumbs up Thanks

Got it! Many thanks to all.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:17 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,797,529 times
Also, in Settings you can "subscribe" to any thread in which you make a comment. Then each time when you come to C-D, just click on My Settings in the upper left hand corner of the page, and all those threads will be listed as soon as there is a comment made subsequent to yours. This is a very efficient way of working.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:37 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,789,676 times
Just click on your name and select "posts", will take you to all your posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum