Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2007, 10:55 PM

652 posts, read 2,266,087 times

Advertisements

Why does spell check show up sometimes and sometimes not.
A lot of the time on the top right of the grey-ed in box i type in just has those two up/down arrows and no icon for spell check.
Is it my puter messin' with me or what
Thanks
andy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 02:21 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,273,952 times
Make sure you're in Advanced Editing mode. It should show up there.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markablue View Post
Make sure you're in Advanced Editing mode. It should show up there.
Where can I find that setting. I looked in "My Settings" but didn't see anything about it in there.
It's probably right in front of my face

Old 12-10-2007, 06:45 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,273,952 times
Yup it is. Right below the box you're typing in. There are two buttons: "Post Quick Reply" and "Go Advanced" - this option is only available if you're using the "Quick Post" icon:

If you're quoting a post, I think you're already in Advanced.

I don't remember the My Settings options but I have the full WYSIWYG Editing chosen. To check that you need to go to Edit Options and scroll the page to the bottom to Miscellaneous Options: Message Editor Interface

Old 12-10-2007, 07:02 AM

Must be my puter...I tried advanced and even changed into full WYSIWYG mode from standard but nada...no spell check icon.
Sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not and I hadn't been messing with my controls.
Oh well...guess sometimes I'll just have to sound stoopid...lol..
Thanks

Old 12-10-2007, 02:08 PM

Location: North of the Cow Pasture and South of the Wind Turbines
856 posts, read 2,923,027 times
Try Firefox Andy then you can spell check inline in any post or any text box you type into. If I wasn't a living dictionary I'd switch.

lol thanks to Firefox

Old 12-10-2007, 02:23 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,125,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BovinaCowHateWindTurbines View Post
Try Firefox Andy then you can spell check inline in any post or any text box you type into. If I wasn't a living dictionary I'd switch.

lol thanks to Firefox
Good point. I switched to Firefox 6 months ago and am totally satisfied. Here's the link:
Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable

I also dumped McAfee Viruscan in favor of AVG (free) and Ad-Aware (free). Won't ever go back to IE again

Old 12-10-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BovinaCowHateWindTurbines View Post

lol thanks to Firefox

Thanks...Cool...I wanna sound smart tooooooooooooooooooooo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum