Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2019, 02:34 AM

64 posts, read 55,792 times

Advertisements

A bit too much of dramatic investigative journalism and punditry, but jeez...
https://youtu.be/0euVSmfVcWc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2019, 12:13 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlePoodle View Post
A bit too much of dramatic investigative journalism and punditry, but jeez...
https://youtu.be/0euVSmfVcWc
It really makes me sick that Bridget's American parents left her there. Until recently, she was stateless. She was finally declared a Ukranian which will allow her to be adopted. If she's not adopted by age 7, she will move to an orphanage without physical therapy and from there if she hasn't been adopted will get transferred to an old age home when she turns 18. Her "parents" had her life support disconnected at one point, hoping she would pass away, but she didn't. I saw that someone made a go fund me for Bridget; they've raised $12,800 for her. It's not accepting donations any more. What is the most shocking and disgusting is that Bridget's "parents" were allowed to get another surrogate; resulting in another twin pregnancy that it looks like they kept.

Apparently, there are at least 10 surrogate children that were abandoned by their parents from the US and Australia.

Here is an article for those that don't do video like me

Damaged babies and broken hearts: Ukraine's commercial surrogacy industry leaves a trail of disasters - By Europe correspondent Samantha Hawley - Updated 21 Aug 2019, 3:53am

Quote:
She was born prematurely at 25 weeks and weighed just over 800 grams (1 lb 7 oz). It was only in March this year she was moved to the Sonechko Children's Home.

Bridget is now three years old and has a range of disabilities.

The child's full name is Bridget Irmgard Pagan-Etnyre.

She was carried by a Ukrainian surrogate mother from the war-torn area of Donetsk. Her twin died at birth.

Matthew Scott Etnyre, 39, and Irmgard Pagan, 61, are the Americans listed as Bridget's parents on documents seen by Foreign Correspondent.

Old 09-16-2019, 06:32 PM

860 posts, read 1,336,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
It really makes me sick that Bridget's American parents left her there. Until recently, she was stateless. She was finally declared a Ukranian which will allow her to be adopted. If she's not adopted by age 7, she will move to an orphanage without physical therapy and from there if she hasn't been adopted will get transferred to an old age home when she turns 18. Her "parents" had her life support disconnected at one point, hoping she would pass away, but she didn't. I saw that someone made a go fund me for Bridget; they've raised $12,800 for her. It's not accepting donations any more. What is the most shocking and disgusting is that Bridget's "parents" were allowed to get another surrogate; resulting in another twin pregnancy that it looks like they kept.

Apparently, there are at least 10 surrogate children that were abandoned by their parents from the US and Australia.

Here is an article for those that don't do video like me

Damaged babies and broken hearts: Ukraine's commercial surrogacy industry leaves a trail of disasters - By Europe correspondent Samantha Hawley - Updated 21 Aug 2019, 3:53am
Seems like some kind of whim or scam on the 61 year old. They’re both pieces of crap, but it doesn’t track why a 39 year old man would really want a kid with a 61 year old woman, who would invariably die and leave him a single father. Has to be some kind of inheritance thing. Poor kid!

Old 09-20-2019, 01:32 AM

64 posts, read 55,792 times
Well, that couple might have had their own very valid reasons for surrogacy, but the outcome is quite outrageous. And blaming it on Ukraine's "commercial surrogacy industry", as the quoted article's title seems to imply, is somewhat hypocritical.

Old 10-08-2019, 06:11 AM

2 posts, read 3,102 times
The situation is disgusting. But a lot depends on the parents themselves. It's not a fact that they wouldn't leave this girl, even if she was born naturally and from her biological mother. So, I think if people turned out to be scoundrels, it has nothing to do with surrogacy. I think it's a really progressive method. Many barren couples just don't have any other options! You just have to remember that it is incredibly important to pay attention to all the main points. For example, one of my closest friends is sterile. And she and her husband found a surrogate mother in a clinic where they were dealing with infertility. This is a Ukrainian clinic (Feskov Human Reproduction Group), where all mothers are healthy and undergo examination, the agreement is supported by a contract, so there is a certain guarantee that everything will be in order. Moreover, they dreamed about their son and they had the opportunity to choose the sex of the child before the embryo transfer! Only biological parents are mentioned in the birth certificate, and they received their travel documents very quickly. And now they have returned home as parents! Good luck to everyone who wants children)

Old 04-13-2021, 08:25 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Thanks for sharing. I came upon this thread when researching commercial surrogacy. I am considering going this route (would be a single father) and Ukraine seems to be one of the more affordable, friendly to single parent options available. Will continue to research the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption