Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2014, 05:21 PM

723 posts, read 806,237 times

Advertisements

<< A nurse who was quarantined at a hospital in New Jersey after returning from West Africa was released Monday, her attorney said. >>
Continue reading @ New Jersey releases nurse quarantined in Ebola scare - CNN.com

The mandatory time is 21 days , isn't it ? Imagine if this nurse were a Black coming from Africa and being released, there would be an uproar all over this "KOUNTRY".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 06:53 PM

860 posts, read 1,338,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
<< A nurse who was quarantined at a hospital in New Jersey after returning from West Africa was released Monday, her attorney said. >>
Continue reading @ New Jersey releases nurse quarantined in Ebola scare - CNN.com

The mandatory time is 21 days , isn't it ? Imagine if this nurse were a Black coming from Africa and being released, there would be an uproar all over this "KOUNTRY".

I don't think there would be an uproar if the nurse was black... In fact, if you read the boards relating to this nurse on the New Jersey forum, a lot of people, including myself, think this nurse is making a fool of herself for complaining and threatening to sue for being in quarantine. The people support the mandatory quarantine - the State doesn't want to be sued, so she was let go. You don't need to be white to threaten a lawsuit.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:35 PM

723 posts, read 806,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
I don't think there would be an uproar if the nurse was black... In fact, if you read the boards relating to this nurse on the New Jersey forum, a lot of people, including myself, think this nurse is making a fool of herself for complaining and threatening to sue for being in quarantine. The people support the mandatory quarantine - the State doesn't want to be sued, so she was let go. You don't need to be white to threaten a lawsuit.
In view of all the rage many people are pouring out against Obama letting Africans in here , I doubt.

Old 10-28-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
In view of all the rage many people are pouring out against Obama letting Africans in here , I doubt.
I think the "rage" is mostly due to the screw ups the CDC has been making because, let's face it, they had no real guidelines or protocols. They just hashed some stuff together at the last minute because they thought Ebola would never come to the US. Tack on the fact that every major health scare outside the US (SARs, swine flu, etc.) has failed to get a foothold in the US, and the CDC got complacent, figuring that just by the virtue of being the US, we wouldn't have any problems with Ebola.

That has been proven untrue and certain states, like NJ, are taking the steps that our Federal government won't take. I think most reasonable Americans are ok with people coming to the US and submitting themselves to 21 days mandatory quarantine in a hospital - we're not ok with this BS monitoring where the person flies around the country, goes to populated places, etc. And any person who doesn't want to be quarantined is, in my opinion, a self-centered, spoiled brat who needs to be smacked so they wake up to the fact that we need to protect ourselves from this disease. Silly really, considering the first people the traveler will infect is their own people.

To reiterate, I have a problem with travelers (American or not, white, black, or other) from the affected countries coming to the US and being allowed to walk our streets right from the door. I don't have a problem if they wait 21 days first.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:33 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,406,521 times
From what I heard the nurse is now refusing to stay in quarantine at home in her home state of Maine.
Maine, nurse Kaci Hickox at odds over Ebola quarantine - CNN.com
Nurse Kaci Hickox says she won't obey Maine's Ebola quarantine: I won’t be 'bullied by politicians' - Health - TODAY.com

Old 10-30-2014, 08:36 AM

Yeah she is refusing to be quarantined at home. Trust me, the American people are pretty angry at her selfishness. It will be interesting to see how he home town treats her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa