Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2009, 09:09 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,416,160 times

Advertisements

Everyone keeps telling me that they saw something on the news about an art festival in Akron next weekend. Since I'll be moved in by then, I really wanted to figure out what the heck they're talking about! Does anyone have a clue? Is it Highland Square's annual 'Art in the Square'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 10:18 AM

436 posts, read 1,648,203 times
Default Akron Arts Expo

No - they havent had that in a few years - ever since Albrecht put in his parking lot and mulch plot on the corner of North Portage and W.Market.

I believe that the art festival is going to be in Hardesty Park this weekend and a few days before. It's pretty neat.
Hardesty Park is right down the street on W.Market from us Highland Square residents (in the Wallhaven neighborhood).
Akron Ohio News - Akron Arts Expo marks 30 years

Old 07-20-2009, 10:27 AM

Default Moving In and JJ

Oh, btw - congrats on officially moving in and becoming a HS resi! Will you be in walking distance of the eateries, etc.?

This is unrelated, but did you know that they are opening a Jimmy Johns in one of the spaces beneath the new student housing on Main St. in downtown?
So excited!!! *clapping hands*

(something is wrong with me, I know lol)

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Old 07-20-2009, 03:37 PM

1,522 posts, read 3,001,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGrrl77 View Post
No - they havent had that in a few years - ever since Albrecht put in his parking lot and mulch plot on the corner of North Portage and W.Market.

I believe that the art festival is going to be in Hardesty Park this weekend and a few days before. It's pretty neat.
Hardesty Park is right down the street on W.Market from us Highland Square residents (in the Wallhaven neighborhood).
Akron Ohio News - Akron Arts Expo marks 30 years

Saturday Sept 12 from 10 - 6

Art in the Square - Highland Square, Akron, Ohio

Old 07-20-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareBetterThanAll View Post
OMG no way! That so made my day!

Old 07-21-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Oh, btw - congrats on officially moving in and becoming a HS resi! Will you be in walking distance of the eateries, etc.?
Yup. There's a lot of good grub just a few steps away from my apartment. Unfortunately, I won't be able to enjoy it quite as much as I'd like to due to my tight budget. My food for the next four years will consist of different variations of Ramen noodles.
Quote:
This is unrelated, but did you know that they are opening a Jimmy Johns in one of the spaces beneath the new student housing on Main St. in downtown?
So excited!!! *clapping hands*
Haha, I know! That place is going to be full with college kids. There's nothing like a freaky fast good delivery!
Quote:
(something is wrong with me, I know lol)

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Thanks! And trust me, based on the people I hang out with, I'm sure you'd be more than normal. Life's too short not to be spontaneous anyways.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareBetterThanAll View Post
Ahh, okay. Thanks. Unfortunately, that's the same day as the zips home opener. Hmm...art or football..? I'm too much of a guy to even bother pondering the answer to that question.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu sucks View Post
Yup. There's a lot of good grub just a few steps away from my apartment. Unfortunately, I won't be able to enjoy it quite as much as I'd like to due to my tight budget. My food for the next four years will consist of different variations of Ramen noodles.

Thanks! And trust me, based on the people I hang out with, I'm sure you'd be more than normal. Life's too short not to be spontaneous anyways.
Oh, I remember those days. Sometimes I miss them because it meant that all I had to do was work a part time job and attend classes and parties - not do all the boring, adult stuff.

Jeez I wish there were more people like you and I (the spontaneous part)!

And art vs. football. Altho I am a girl and I love HS....I would have to go football. But, that's just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton