Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 12:16 PM

3 posts, read 12,724 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone

I would like to ask you for an advice. I am moving to Gadsden in March. I need to find an apartment in one week. I will be working not far from the Fairfield Inn and Suites Gadsden hotel and I will not have a car at the beggining. So I would like to find an apartment in a safe location in a walk distance. Would you know, what would be the best for me? And I also need to get from Birmingham airport to the hotel Faifield. Do you know any transportation except taxi and a rental car?
I would aprreciate any answer.

Thank you very much in advance,

Denni
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 04:05 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,415,087 times
I'm sorry, but we have very few members of this board who know anything about Gadsden. I do know that public transportation is almost non-existent in Alabama, especially in smaller towns like Gadsden. Taxis will be hard to find there, too.
I think my first move would be to buy a car, and THEN find an apartment.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:26 AM

Thank you very much for the info.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:01 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,262,951 times
Find a car and then find an apartment in a better area. That is not necessarily an area of Gadsden I would consider "safe".

Pretty much your only options for transportation from Bham are going to be taxi or rental and you are much better off renting a car, a taxi will cost you a fortune as its over an hour from Bham airport to where you are going.

I grew up in Gadsden and still have family there.

Old 02-20-2015, 05:33 PM

163 posts, read 297,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisaC View Post
Hello everyone

I would like to ask you for an advice. I am moving to Gadsden in March. I need to find an apartment in one week. I will be working not far from the Fairfield Inn and Suites Gadsden hotel and I will not have a car at the beggining. So I would like to find an apartment in a safe location in a walk distance. Would you know, what would be the best for me? And I also need to get from Birmingham airport to the hotel Faifield. Do you know any transportation except taxi and a rental car?
I would aprreciate any answer.

Thank you very much in advance,

Denni
From Birmingham originally and lived in Gadsden area recently. The Faifield Inn you mention IS in Gadsden proper but really closer to Gadsden's neighboring city Attalla ( not that there is anything wrong with that , but , as you know, the location is several miles from the main part of Gadsden).

That being said there is an apartment complex about 1 mile west of the Fairfield Inn, Bradley Park Apts I think, which is probably in Attalla city limits. I don't really know anything about this apartment complex and don't know if you could walk a mile but check it out.

There are very few apartments in general in the Gadsden area. Check out St Christopher Apts or Dogwood Trace Apts ( across from each other and I believe owned by same group and both located about 10 min by car from the Fairfield Inn) in Rainbow City which the city just south (SE) of Gadsden. Rainbow City city limits touch (or come close ) Attalla to west like Gadsden, along Highway 77 which is basically the same road that crosses to the south of the Fairfield Inn.

Hope this helps.

Carpe

Old 03-03-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpe777 View Post
From Birmingham originally and lived in Gadsden area recently. The Faifield Inn you mention IS in Gadsden proper but really closer to Gadsden's neighboring city Attalla ( not that there is anything wrong with that , but , as you know, the location is several miles from the main part of Gadsden).

That being said there is an apartment complex about 1 mile west of the Fairfield Inn, Bradley Park Apts I think, which is probably in Attalla city limits. I don't really know anything about this apartment complex and don't know if you could walk a mile but check it out.

There are very few apartments in general in the Gadsden area. Check out St Christopher Apts or Dogwood Trace Apts ( across from each other and I believe owned by same group and both located about 10 min by car from the Fairfield Inn) in Rainbow City which the city just south (SE) of Gadsden. Rainbow City city limits touch (or come close ) Attalla to west like Gadsden, along Highway 77 which is basically the same road that crosses to the south of the Fairfield Inn.

Hope this helps.

Carpe

Thank you very Carpe for your answer. I will look at the apartments up. Thank you again. I appreciate every help.

Denni

Old 12-26-2015, 11:16 PM

17 posts, read 22,898 times
I, too, am thinking of relocating to Gadsden and wonder if anyone knows the pay rates of CNA's down there and if the nursing homes are mandated? Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Old 08-27-2016, 12:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,091 times
We are senior citizens and thinking of relocating to Gadsden. What area would be a good and safe area for seniors and convenient for medical attention in the case of an emergency? Thanks in advance for your help. Betty

Old 08-25-2021, 06:13 PM

3 posts, read 2,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunninbo View Post
We are senior citizens and thinking of relocating to Gadsden. What area would be a good and safe area for seniors and convenient for medical attention in the case of an emergency? Thanks in advance for your help. Betty
Safe areas are: behind the mall, at the end of S. 5th street, there is a neighborhood of smaller homes, a safe neighborhood. Edenwood is the neighborhood. Stay close to the mall and you will stay in the safest area. It is also close to doctors' offices and one of the two hospitals in Gadsden.

There is also the historic district but most of the homes are confined to two streets which are the safest, large, with large utility bills, so that isn't senior-friendly unless you have deep pockets. It is a very nice neighborhood which I grew up in before it was renamed the Historic district.

Going on Rainbow Drive moving south away from the mall on the right-hand side are homes that are on and around the river. Most are condos. This is a safe neighborhood as are the neighborhoods behind it after you turn right next to Pruett's BBQ restaurant and drive-in restaurant. Keep going south on Rainbow Drive and many neighborhoods on the right and left are safe. At some point, you will enter Rainbow City, which is also a very safe area.

Houses in Southside (drive over Coosa River bridge on Highway 77) are considered to be safe neighborhoods. Southside has everything that Gadsden and Rainbow City have: police departments, stores, schools. The only hospitals in Gadsden are close to downtown Gadsden and one is in East Gadsden.

The Coosa River runs through all of the areas and it is beautiful.

Old 08-25-2021, 06:28 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,215,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGround View Post
Safe areas are: behind the mall, at the end of S. 5th street, there is a neighborhood of smaller homes, a safe neighborhood. Edenwood is the neighborhood. Stay close to the mall and you will stay in the safest area. It is also close to doctors' offices and one of the two hospitals in Gadsden.

There is also the historic district but most of the homes are confined to two streets which are the safest, large, with large utility bills, so that isn't senior-friendly unless you have deep pockets. It is a very nice neighborhood which I grew up in before it was renamed the Historic district.

Going on Rainbow Drive moving south away from the mall on the right-hand side are homes that are on and around the river. Most are condos. This is a safe neighborhood as are the neighborhoods behind it after you turn right next to Pruett's BBQ restaurant and drive-in restaurant. Keep going south on Rainbow Drive and many neighborhoods on the right and left are safe. At some point, you will enter Rainbow City, which is also a very safe area.

Houses in Southside (drive over Coosa River bridge on Highway 77) are considered to be safe neighborhoods. Southside has everything that Gadsden and Rainbow City have: police departments, stores, schools. The only hospitals in Gadsden are close to downtown Gadsden and one is in East Gadsden.

The Coosa River runs through all of the areas and it is beautiful.

Unfortunately you seem to be a little late my friend, but I applaud your commitment. You seem like you know the Gagsden area. Tell me, how is Gagsden doing? is the city improving, is it struggling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama